Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Do all teenagers like me have painful periods

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am 17 and suffer from severe pain during each of my periods. Is it the same with all the others?

Comments

• Options
    I'll let a girl answer more comprehensively but from a guy who has had many female friends I don't think it's unusual at all. There are things you can do such as hot water bottles etc. to help alleviate the cramps but if the pain is very severe you might want to go to the doctor to see if there are other treatments as you don't want to be in agony for 7 days a month.
  • Options
    I am 35, but I also experience the same .
  • Options
    It's not unusual, but as ShyBoy says, if it is very severe then go see a doctor and they might be able to help. A lot of contraceptive methods also reduce period pain (the pill/injection/implant etc).
  • Options
    Pills are a good solution but they made me sleepy ,and I lost marks in two of my exams.
  • Options
    A doctor only gave those pills franky . It took a considerable time to work franki.
  • Options
    Once I had to roll out of pain till the pills started to work.
  • Options
    Some say pills effect our fertility factor.
  • Options
    One of my friends apply some oil on the stomach before three days. Unfortunately this was also of little use. Oops! tough job !
  • Options
    My cousin says allaypatch is the best since it has no side effects and it also works very fast.
  • Options
    What is it ? I haven't heard about it.
  • Options
    I too dont know much about it .She said it is an electronic pulse . For further details she has asked me to view www.allaypatch.com
  • Options
    I got really painful periods...going on the pill helped.

Before that I used to be in awful agony. Sometimes I couldn't move with pain and wanted to be sick or pass out :crying:

I still get pain now..a day or two leading up and on the day it starts. I take Tramadol and that normally helps with the pain.
  • Options
    let me see how far it can help me!
  • Options
    Hey there
    I'm closing this thread now as it's a very long winded spam effort! The rest of you should feel free to start a new thread about this though if you want to :)
This discussion has been closed.