Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

helppp!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello, my names is Lizzie.
I have this really amazing friend who I think I'm beginning to like. I've liked him before and I told him but we grew very distant. Recently, we've been getting close again, but I think it's because he got turned down by one of my mates. He seems fine when we talk about it and he doesn't have a problem with them both just being friends. I don't want to 'push' myself on him.. but he's a really lovely guy and i know he'd treat me right because he's told me the way he respects girls. I'd love to give me and him a shot but I dont know if he does too. We get along life best friends and we always have a laugh together, even though he's usually shy when he's around my friends. Also, he's best mates with one of my exs so I don't know if that would influence him to stay away from me? But I'd love to tell him how i feel. I dont know what to do or say, and I really need some help asap? Would be much appreciated :) :thumb: xx

Comments

• Options
    Hey looloo :wave:
    It's understandable you're apprehensive, you say you told him once before and it created some distance between you. The fact that you are getting close again could mean that he thinks that's all in the past or it could mean he's in fact now got feelings for you too - it's hard to say!
    The not knowing can be really draining though but equally if you do decide to tell him you need to be prepared for what might happen. You might find this article useful.
    But I'd love to tell him how i feel.
    This kinda says it all, until you do it could be hard to think about much else..really only you can decide tho :chin:
  • Options
    Hey Lolo well I can understand where you are coming from I had a similar situation once. It could be a posibility that he does have feelings for you but the fact that he's friends with your ex is a major block. It has to be a decision you would have to think about by telling him how you feel. You have to be prepared to become distant again just in case he takes that approach again or you can tell him how you feel and ask him if there is any way he feels the same for you because if he doesn't you can try and move on..but on the upside hopefully he'll feel the same way and maybe something can happen after all...either way the wondering stops and you will know whats next....I hope I was helpful....
  • Options
    Thankyou for you're advice. I told him, but he decided to tell me right at that time, he was seeing someone else, that i was nice and all but we were just better off as friends. I was pretty gutted but we seem to connect more now than we have for a long time. We're telling each other alot of secrets and we're getting alot really well. We've planned to see each other in the week (just as friends though) but i suppose i'll get over it x