Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What's the BEST ance treatement out there (Prescribed by your doctor?)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Need to know what the best type of cream is, not tablet, that you can get prescribed by your doctor for acne?

Comments

• Options
    Unfortunately there is no one 'best' option. Differin and Dalacin are both pretty good for some people, one is a retanoid and one an antibiotic so depends what works for you (and nothing is a miracle cure).
  • Options
    brad18 wrote: »
    Need to know what the best type of cream is, not tablet, that you can get prescribed by your doctor for acne?

Have you asked your doctor?
  • Options
    Have you asked your doctor?

Yeah, my doctor is useless, prescribed me some tablets that didnt work, so i went back as it got worse, and he said he couldnt give me anything else, just said it was my age and theres nothing i can do about it! how bad is that!
  • Options
    I'm actually going to goto my doctor for this as in the past year or so i've got horrible spots on my cheeks (cystic acne) and lots of smaller ones elsewhere- i've ruled out my diet as that hasn't changed, it may be the medication i'm on but i can't do much about that ><. I'm taking evening primrose oil tablets and a multivitamin to see if this helps.
    I'm 25 btw.
  • Options
    brad18 wrote: »
    Yeah, my doctor is useless, prescribed me some tablets that didnt work, so i went back as it got worse, and he said he couldnt give me anything else, just said it was my age and theres nothing i can do about it! how bad is that!

Some acne they can't do anything about, life's tough like that.
  • Options
    My doctor put me on Roaccutane. It worked a treat but I got unwanted side-effects, including feeling depressed and getting scabby feet which bled. The latte condition was so rare that I had photos taken of my feet. This drug has since been proven controversial, with families linking suicides of young men to it, although nothing's been proven.

Until recently, I was on Tetracycline. It worked okay, making my acne less, but if I ever stopped taking it, the acne would just come back. Recently, my doctor changed it to Oxytetracycline, altough it doesn't seem that different.
  • Options
    they can actually refer you to a dermotologist who will be able to prescribe something...

why are GPs so reluctant to refer on anyone these days?

I know when i went in with exzema around my eyes so bad i was getting conjuctivis they did nothing apart from prescribe me creams i was too oversenstised to use...
  • Options
    My doctor did refer me to a dermaologist. That's when I was introduced to Roaccutane. ><