Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Couples Counselling

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is it worth it? I know I need personal counselling but my doctor suggested couples counselling because of my current sex issue. I kinda dismissed it at first but a few things have made me (well, both of us) think about it.

Comments

• Options
    Can't harm to try I guess?
  • Options
    Lu_C wrote: »
    Can't harm to try I guess?

:yes:

Even if you go for one session and decide its not for you and dont go again. But have a very honest chat about it first together before you make any desicions.
  • Options

Even if you go for one session and decide its not for you and dont go again. But have a very honest chat about it first together before you make any desicions.

:yes: agree completely.
    Be prepared sometimes things come out that you don't want to hear .
    That whats good about counseling as long as your honest .
  • Options

Yeh, I guess so. I'm just a bit funny about it because while I know that I need counselling, I'm not sure if WE do. I guess it would be good to talk to someone about how the sex thing is affecting our relationship, but most of the problems he's mentioned about us are to do with me (like still sucking my thumb/having a teddy bear) and are things that I know are deep-rooted things.

Eh. He might be able to get a deal through his work so if he can then I guess we will. It's possible for him to come to a counselling session here but it's kinda inconvenient as he'd have to take a day off work.
  • Options
    I think it would be good to look at the things that affect your relationship and other issues, you can see another councillor about- but you can still mention them in sessions as a possible cause for problems.

I think it is a good way of 'unwinding all the knots' that can complicate a relationship, and bring it back to basics, as a point to start fresh from.
  • Options
    what's wrong with having a teddy bear?!