Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What happened to live acts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey

The last time i watched top of the pops was about 6-7 years ago.
greed is the key word!
why not leave some room for the bands and the real life acts, not today's scams..

Any one with the equipment could write a ditty, then send it off to company's and make amounts of cash. One day people will see it kidies music.

I was in a band and i enjoyed playing to the crowd, they enjoyed the music what we played.

Whats happened to live acts!!!!!
instead of the karaoke of today!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    wtfayboa!? And i havent used that acronym in a long time!
    Musical times are constantly changing so either get with the program or stop whinging.
  • Options
    Top of the Pops hasn't been on for years. And I remember the footage from the early episodes. No-one sang live. I remember the programmes from before it was cancelled. Most acts sung live. So bang goes your theory.

That and the fact that live music is a huge growth area with worldwide sales of concert tickets going through the roof.

Live music is in an absolutely fantastic state thank you very much.

I'm sick of people whinging about the state of current music, as if every band was like The Beatles when they grew up. Just because you can't be bothered to find good music doesn't mean it's not out there. And you're not going to find it listening to daytime radio or watching TOTP.