Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
has anybody got any advice for a 13 year old girl whos got depression?
My mum has been ill with ME my whole life and shes just got 3 pneumonias and multiple blood clots in her lungs.
ive lost all my friends and i fear doing everything
i have a bad back and cant do anything normal
i feel so stressed and dont know how to stop it
:banghead: i hate myself because i cant remember things and i have thought about self harm and nearly tried it.
please help me.
:nervous: :(

Comments

• Options
    hey my advice would be to try and not do it. For me and may others, it's like an addiction.
    Try to stop or distract yourself from thinking about it. I really urge you not to do it cos it can do more damage than you think
    let me know how things go- its god to talk!!! :)
  • Options
    Yeah I agree it is an addiction. So please try your best not to. Because it is harder to stop once you have started.

Just please try your best not to.
  • Options
    You need to find someone to talk too.
    A parent, teacher or someone, especially someone you trust.
    It will get better, you just need to find something to distract your mind, and something that lets you relax.
    But don't self harm, or try your best to avoid it, because it wont solve anything.

I hope you feel better soon, take care xx
  • Options
    My mum has/had ME from when i was 4 - shes currently going through a good patch, but i know how damn hard it is living and caring for someone with ME. When i was your age there weren't any support networks, but i think there now are. you can get a lot of help as a young carer.

Don't hate yourself, i know its a thankless task and sometimes your brain just freezes with over load of all the things you have to do and think about. It happens to everyone, especially when you are under so much stress.

You need to talk to people, don't bottle things up - thats really important!

self harming is a slippery slope, and its so much better to do something else to get that release. i have some songs that i put on really loud so people can't hear me screaming when it all gets too much. sometimes going for a really long walk helps. and sometimes just letting yourself sob your heart out helps too...

keep in touch, but do seek some help and support!
  • Options
    re

Hello and welcome to the site,:)

It sounds like you have alot to cope with for your age. Which i imagine must be very stressful for you. Like MFA has said your support networks could prove very important to you and coping with everything instead of feeling the need to self harm, remember your very young and dealing with very grown up issues. What are your support networks like? By telling others you maybe able to access support for yourself in your area. Here is some information on anxiety an stress, it may help you recognise how your feeling.

keep posting