Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Girl at work

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For the first 4 months i didnt bat an eye lid at a girl at work and because we have been working closer in the job we have became good friends and know some infomation about her. I personally think we get on great and would have fun.

I have recently over the past month or two getting feelings for this girl at work and become all shy and non-talkative around her (allways happens when i like a girl).

I dont know if she likes me or not, i know she loves coloured boys and normal looking and where as im the complete opposite being 'big' well not nice looking. When standing around with another the girl said, if "X" asked you out, what would you say? with my answer being a pause and dunno. She also said when a group of people said, i think "X" and "joshmeister" would make a nice couple and i was asked; "do you?" and i shook my head to save embarasement to myself with her going "joshmeister!!".

Im all ways negative about stuff like this due to me being the size i am and allways wonder why they would want to go out with me and are they making fun etc.

I dont think i have the courage to ask her out for a "drink" etc, and i actually got drunk the other weekend and was ment to sent her a text saying "do u want to meet up at some point" and thankfully came out like "63x 3gj awhkak2". I also dont want to break our friendship and the weirdness at work with other people knowing and laughing (secrets dont last long their and speads like wildfire)

dont know what to do :banghead:

Comments

• Options
    Hi there if you dont ask her you'll never know worst she can say is no.Be yourself let us know how you get on .Follow the :heart: :yes:
  • Options
    If you have self-conscious problems with your weight, you could always try and lose some. Aside from the obvious advantages to health, I think you would be more confident in you and wouldn't let such a thing put you off.
  • Options
    From making this thread about her i have still been to shy to tell her.

anyway - making a comment on my facebook about her status she and a work colleague came in asking what i have done... i didnt say anything and was going in shy-mode.

anyway they found out that its a girl/work and basically they know its 'her'. but im still to shy to say anything to her face to face.

is it date-suicide to ask her over PM on facebook or text?
  • Options
    If you're shy around her then why don't you make a conscious effort to talk to her. Don't make it about you asking her out, just see it as you getting to know her. The more you talk to her the more you will feel comfortable with her and you will have a better idea of what her response would be if you did ask.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    If you're shy around her then why don't you make a conscious effort to talk to her. Don't make it about you asking her out, just see it as you getting to know her. The more you talk to her the more you will feel comfortable with her and you will have a better idea of what her response would be if you did ask.

i am okay with talking to her and we get along fine. its just the whole 'asking out' or just her knowing/people knowing that i like her that makes me all clam up.
  • Options
    What do you care what other people think? Theres nothing to be ashamed of if you like someone.
    And if shes any sort of a decent person shes not gonna laugh in your face and tell everyone.
    Just do it on the quiet and if she says no, dont make a big deal.