Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Depressed...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Sorry about a new depression thread but I really don't know what to do.
I am had a really hard day. I have the feeling I may do something very stupid. Ans when I do stupid things I really go for it. And I know when I am left on my own later I will try to do bad things.

I need help?
What can I do?

Please help.

Comments

• Options
    Please promise yourself you won't do anything rash...just take a step back & think of the people that love you. Please go to the doctor, & tell them how you are feeling. We all have bad times, I lost a baby before Christmas, & I thought I would never be the same again! But time moves on & things get a bit easier. Why is your day hard, is it work? Or something else? Is there any way you can remove yourself from a situation you feel uncomfortable in? LIfe is so short to be unhappy...try to do something positive today to turn things around xxx
  • Options
    yeah, just remember that there are always other options to dealing with your low state of mind. talk to someone... take some st. john's wort for a few weeks... do something that you enjoy and try to relax. i often feel the way you do, so i remind myself that it will pass. try not to be too hard on yourself either. take care.
  • Options
    Do something to take you're mind off it. watch movie, or stand up that always helps me!. do something creative to distract you. Or see if you can meet up with mates or get out of the house.
  • Options
    The way I am feeling I haven't felt so bad in a long time and it is like I just have a black thick mist in my head and I really don't care how I get rid of it as long as it goes.
  • Options
    i had that same feeling doing me art a level finals. Maybe theres something missing from your life? (appart from happy happy joy joy - in the words of ren and stimpy) maybe you should do something different- break the monotony of life?
  • Options
    i wish..

my mum would stop ignoring me for no apparent reason. Its stressing me out and it just makes me hate my sad pathetic life even more. She is mad at me all the time and i dont know what i can do to make her love me. I am seriously thinking about overdosing to make her care but im worried she might get even more angry. What can i do?
  • Options
    Yesterday I was thinking of overdosing. Still am but just need to find the right time. And yes she would be angry because my mum always is.
  • Options
    Overdosing isn't a controlled way of gaining attention. It can go horribly wrong, it can mess up your liver, and it seriously alienates people around you. Trust me on this one - your friends and family would much rather that you spoke to them about how you're feeling so that they could help you, rather than you taking an overdose.

I know some people who have overdosed before and have come back worse off from before - it doesn't bring people towards you, it just pushes them away.
  • Options
    Yesterday I was thinking of overdosing. Still am but just need to find the right time. And yes she would be angry because my mum always is.

Hey Cool2play22,

How are things for you now?

Please do not be sorry for starting a new thread on depression, that is what the boards are here for.

As others have rightly said on here, it may help to try to distract yourself with something? something creative or physical exercise. Have you looked at the pages on here about dealing with urges? These may help you. Can you also try to explain, if you want to, what it is that has made you feel this way these past couple of days? has something happened? Perhaps by identifying this you can begin to work on a way to make you feel happier.

What do you mean by 'stupid' and 'bad' things and that you 'really go for it'? If you've been to this place before, what kind of things have you done that have worked in helping you move forward?

Overdosing, as Dancing horse has said can cause damage to your internal organs - have a look at the overdosing page too - it explains it all in a clear and factual way.

Please keep posting to let us know how you are. Take care of yourself. :)
  • Options
    Ignored77 wrote: »
    my mum would stop ignoring me for no apparent reason. Its stressing me out and it just makes me hate my sad pathetic life even more. She is mad at me all the time and i dont know what i can do to make her love me. I am seriously thinking about overdosing to make her care but im worried she might get even more angry. What can i do?

Hi Ignored77 :wave:

This being your first post - we wish you are warm welcome to The Site. It is a really supportive community. You will find lots of people that you can share experiences and thoughts with and hopefully you will get the advice that you are looking for.

As with the previous thread, you may find it useful to check out the information pages that The Site have put together. They are factual, current and can often help to help you to work through some options. The ones on overdosing and problematic parents may be a place to start?

If you want to talk about it here - what has your relationship been like with your Mum? Has is always been as you've described? What would it be like to sit and talk to your Mum and ask her straight about the reasons why she is ignoring you? It might also be that your Mum has some issues of her own that she is trying to work through.

You may also want to make an appointment to see your doctor to let them know about these feelings of having a 'sad pathetic life' - your doctor may be able to suggest something to help you?

Please continue to post here to let us know how things unfold for you. Take care - :)
  • Options
    Well I totally mucked up. I was halfway through overdosing when my mum walked in and stopped me doing the rest. Ermm... I kind if wish she hadn't but she did and now everything has been hidden. Like that makes a difference if I was going to do it again I would just go down the Chemist.

I will explain why I have been extra down, but just not right now. I am trying to forget about it. But I promise I will explain.
  • Options
    Dont overdose it killed my soul for 3 weeks when i tryed
  • Options
    But I need a way out and it is my way out. People pften think it is the selfish way out but it will make others happy once I am gone.
  • Options

I will explain why I have been extra down, but just not right now. I am trying to forget about it. But I promise I will explain.

Please do not feel that you have to explain anything - only ever talk about what you feel comfortable talking about. It sound's like you have enough to deal with at the moment - do not put yourself under pressure to talk about things that you are trying to forget about.

If you really think that others would be happy when you've gone - why would your Mum bother to stop you taking an overdose? She stopped you because she didn't want you to harm yourself and she doesn't want you to harm yourself because she cares for you.

It sound's like you really need some support at the moment - have you considered anything that has been suggested on the thread? If you are in crisis - then how about calling a helpline such as Saneline? They are there until 11pm. Or the Samaritans - they are there 24 hours a day?

Keep posting and take care :)
  • Options
    I just started to get over what sent me nearly right over the endge the other day. When something just as bad goes and happens today. And today I got told that I am "just attention seeking" and "that if I don't get what I want I play up" and I also got told "that everyone that knows me doesn't really like me that thye are just pretending".

Now all this has really made me feel great.
    I am now worse off than before. :(
  • Options
    There is a program being shown on irish telly at the moment called " I see a darkness". It is about the families of people who have committed suicide. The devestation was heartbreaking. one boy committed suicide at 16 after he was raped at 14. Another lad was 22. his brother blamed himself for this lads suicide, as he was mean to him the night before! he still blames himself, thinking a few mean words caused this. His mother goes to the grave every day, she'll never be the same again. Life is unbelievebly SHORT & we all have only one shot at it. Others would be devestated if you were gone, not happy.
  • Options
    Just saw your post there. Those people are just playing mind games. I know it's hard to ignore, but what i tend to do is give people the answer they least expect! so in relation to " people are just pretending to like you" I'd say " well to be honest, I don't really CARE if people like me or not"! How do they KNOW if people like you or not? the short answer is they don't! Forget these losers! you concentrate on yourself & leave them to get on with being immature & childish.
  • Options
    Yeah I know I probably should but when someone tells you things out of the blues and I was like totally shocked, if that happens it is harder to say that kind of thing coz I think I was in so much shock. I didn't say anything I just left the room.
  • Options
    When I was younger I took everything to heart. One day I realised I had to save myself, and said that if thats what people think then thats their problem! I wasn't going to let anyone get to me. you can't change people but you CAN change your reaction to people.