Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Meeting the parents!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im meeting my boyfriends parents this weekend, staying over his house etc, just wondering what to wear because im really stuck! Im a size 12/14, big-ish boobs, and I generally shop in places like river island etc :) if someone could give me an idea or even pick an outfit for me it would be great :D
I was planning on wearing jeans/flat shoes :)

Comments

• Options
    I'd go for jeans, flatties (more along the ballet pump line than the trainer line), and simple top and a really nice scarf, with some lovely understated jewellery. I'm pretty big in the chest too and I find that I look better if I actually show a little flesh in a v or scoop neck t-shirt rather than trying to cover up - draws less attention to the area, especially with a great scarf or necklace to distract.

Basically aim for flattering but demure - don't suck your personality out, but maybe tone it down a notch. If you're there for the whole weekend, a pair of jeans and a couple of nice t-shirts will see you through and look fresh and simple. And mothers seem to like practical shoes, for some reason.

Enjoy :)
  • Options
    I would take something nice to wear as well just in case you end up going out somewhere nice for dinner and anyway its always nice to dress up a bit.
  • Options
    Depends what you feel comfortable in!

Personally I would go for Jeans, nice top and small heeled boots

Or Casual dress, Leggings/tights and boots

x
  • Options
    Short skirt and low cut top for the dad, carrying a bunch of flowers for the mum ;)
  • Options
    lol, im sure it would be good ;), Im off to town in about an hour, was thinking about bringin them a present too though, any ideas?
  • Options
    Flowers - chocolates and wine always go down well i think - but yes definatley take a present.