Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Confused!!

Okay so theres this girl i like in my school and we've chatted on msn alot in the past like she'd come on everyday and stuff n she used to say things like "You always make me smile n laugh" i thought it was just me being normal but one of my close friends thought she liked me in someway..

After that we drifted and i stopped liking her but its came back up again and im not sure if i do or not. The thing is i would go over n talk to her but shes always with her best freind ( i mean ALWAYS) so no doubt they share everything, (people even think theyre lesbians [they could be])

Also my ex girlfriend n ex best mate always hang with em too so its very awkward to even go over n speak to them. As i dont talk to my ex GF and i rarely speak to him.
I was speakin to her on msn yesterday n we had a really good chinwag catchin up
How would i exactly go about this situation?

give up n move on? or keep trying?

thoughts please

FORGOT TO ADD: shes a really academic girl like shes getting A's for everything maybe shes too busy for a boyfriend? im not too sure but usually shes unnaporachable when shes with her friends. =[
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    meet up in private is always a good starter. She will probably come up to you in school too, and makes it easier for you to go up to her (doesn't matter if her friend is with her) and have convo. just see where it goes from there.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    meet up in private is always a good starter. She will probably come up to you in school too, and makes it easier for you to go up to her (doesn't matter if her friend is with her) and have convo. just see where it goes from there.

She wouldn come up to me i dont think she would be able to...jsut not thta girl i guess

unless you mean AFTER meeting up privately? and how would i go about that?
  • Options
    She wouldn come up to me i dont think she would be able to...jsut not thta girl i guess

unless you mean AFTER meeting up privately? and how would i go about that?

yes, AFTER meeting up. Just ask her in msn? The cultural stuff is way different in UK and US from here. "Meeting up with someone" means to a lot of people "going out", "dating" and that sort of stuff and is often misunderstood as such. I - personally - would just in the middle of a funny and good and entertaining conversation ask if she wants to go have a few drinks the other night, or watch a movie and have a few beer afterwards.

I my first year of uni I just texted a girl from my course while I was on holiday snowboarding. A week later we met up at friday night at 10 and had a good time up until 6 o' clock. Really cool evening. I would just go up to her at uni at the break of a lecture and chit chat a bit after that evening.

So you have your personal relation now. Meeting up with someone privately is sooo different from just talking to someone at school daily. Much more personal and after that, you should have a much easier time to just talk to her and stuff...

this might be all pretty confusing, but it's just so basic lol. It's like explaining someone the concept of breathing.

I am a very instinct oriented person. If I like a person and want to get her to know better, I do what it takes to get to know her better: ask her to do xy after uni, or whatever. If I'm interested romantically in a person I will let her know. Just DO IT. Do what you want to do and don't ask "how"?
  • Options
    I agree. Just go for it.

P.S I freakin aced school and I had a boyfriend.
  • Options
    What chat to her on msn n ask if she wants to meet up?

As i said shes literally unapproachable.
  • Options

Unless she has some insane crazy forcefield or fence aroud her, she isn't unapproachable.

Ask her out on MSN!
  • Options

omg, you said you are talking to her on msn anyhow. I mean come on: "What to chat to her on msn?". If you can't figure out what to talk with another human being I'm kinda stumped that you had a girlfriend...
  • Options
    I agree.

You don't have to say, "omg hi lol go bowling with me".

You can actually have a conversation and then ask her out.
  • Options
    just act more instinctively. Just now I've been walking with my dog and I felt like company, so I'd just text a person I'd like to see, "hey, how about meeting up for a cup of joe?" Without any ulterior motives or other hints. Do, what you want to do.

Of course there are limits. People tend to react a bit allergic to "hey, I'm bored wanna meet up for sex?" and it's kinda understandable. You are having an urge, like getting to know her better, so GET to know her better by meeting up. And it's not even bad by telling her in a convo, hey I'd like to get to know better, do you have time on xy for yx?
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    just act more instinctively. Just now I've been walking with my dog and I felt like company, so I'd just text a person I'd like to see, "hey, how about meeting up for a cup of joe?" Without any ulterior motives or other hints. Do, what you want to do.

Of course there are limits. People tend to react a bit allergic to "hey, I'm bored wanna meet up for sex?" and it's kinda understandable. You are having an urge, like getting to know her better, so GET to know her better by meeting up. And it's not even bad by telling her in a convo, hey I'd like to get to know better, do you have time on xy for yx?

Just don't say this: "I'd like to get to know better" cause it does sound like one is just after a shag.
  • Options
    i was thinking summit along the lines of "id like to get to know you better", (im not a total god damn failure) just unsure if you lot ment talk in person or on MSN, and yes she is unapproachable..when shes in a big group of people who ive had a rocky past with.

Cheers for the comments anyway.

It doesnt sound like i want a shag at all :S..
  • Options
    Just don't say this: "I'd like to get to know better" cause it does sound like one is just after a shag.

really? i don't think so.