Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bad shit in Northern Ireland again

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7933990.stm

I hope the cunts are caught and dealt with asap. The region has suffered enough.

And if the police cannot track them down, perhaps those behind the now inactive Provisional IRA can. I'd imagine they still have far more influence and power amongst Republican circles than the RIRA does. If the provos are genuinely supporting of the peace process they cannot be too pleased with these cunts.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    the two soldiers at the weekend was bad enough but was hoping it was a one off, clearly not

these people have no widespread support whatsoever, just seems to be an attempt to flare up trouble

at this point all you can really do is hope theres no catholic civilians killed in a retaliation attack, which could flare up the whole 'tit for tat' game in no time, that could result in a lot of bother

this is the last thing this country needs, after being relatively peaceful for the last 10 years

personally speaking i have no time for any of it, nor do the vast majority of the people i know .. although the hardcore minorities on both sides are probably just waiting on their opportunity to pounce :no:
  • Options
    It's far from the silly little talk between Catholics and Protestants, and that's far too far.
  • Options
    Seems the Continuity IRA have taken responsibility for last nights shooting. Just goes to show that these groups are all interlinked and overlap in membership.

As z- says, they have no widespread support among the community. Another place, another time then maybe but not now after so much peace. Bracing myself for some more attacks. :shocking:
  • Options
    Seems the Continuity IRA have taken responsibility for last nights shooting. Just goes to show that these groups are all interlinked and overlap in membership.

As z- says, they have no widespread support among the community. Another place, another time then maybe but not now after so much peace. Bracing myself for some more attacks.

It seems to be a major step forward however, that Sinn Fein is openly supporting the Police - that's got add some historical significance at least.

I just hope that this gets snuffed out quickly, and I think the security services deserve full support at the moment. There is no reason anyone should be dying over this anymore.
  • Options
    Unless the RIRA have taken in a lot of new recruits since the peace talks began, surely Martin McGuinness and Gerry Adams must have an inkling as to who the leadership might be? But I suppose any 'grassing up' would put them in the line of fire too. Its very sad. Such a beautiful country and such lovely people. Both communities deserve their peace.
  • Options
    id daresay the security forces know who their leadership is anyway! it was on the news only last week or so that theres still a fair percentage of mi5 devoted to dissident republican groups
  • Options
    z- wrote: »
    id daresay the security forces know who their leadership is anyway! it was on the news only last week or so that theres still a fair percentage of mi5 devoted to dissident republican groups

probably the same people
  • Options
    RIRA and CIRA are just the dying kicks of a corpse, they're about as welcome to the majority of people as a hooker with pox is at the Hampshire Swingers society.

The irony is that the IRA campaign probably strengthened the Union. It forced Northern Ireland to reform to make it more acceptable to the minority, but it also pushed middle-class Protestants away from a United Ireland (as it did the Irish Government and people). My Mum can remember when she lived in London in the 60's saying Derry and telling people she came from Ireland, by the early 1970's it was Londonderry and Northern Ireland.
  • Options
    There will always be shit there as long as the Taliban catholics and prodies are allowed to have their noses in political affairs.