Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I don't think i find my girlfriend attractive anymore

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok i need some advice.

Iv been with my girlfriend for a year and sex was amazing at first, like it usually is!!

In fact my sex drive used to be quite high but somewhere along the line it declined.

I rarely ever want sex which is very strange for a guy.

But i do love her and dont want to split with her.

Should i break up with her? The thing is she is very good looking and i dont understand why im thinking like this. Perhaps im stressed out or depressed. I just find it odd that my sex drive dropped.

I wasn;t sure where to put this thread, so moderators feel free to move.

cheers

Comments

• Options
    I'm confused... is it that you don't find her attractive or is it just that your sex drive has dropped?
  • Options
    do you still fancy other people?
  • Options
    Lu_C wrote: »
    I'm confused... is it that you don't find her attractive or is it just that your sex drive has dropped?

I dont know, im kinda confused aswell:(

I just think its strange how suddenly i stopped finding her attractive.

I guess i do fancy people on tv but I guess you always do.

Why im trying to say i guess is that after a while in a realationship your attraction obviously does somewhat "dim" but im begginning to wonder to myself if im having psychological problems regarding getting in the mood for sex.

I dont ,ahem, masterbate nearly as much as i used to either. Sorry for sounding crude but it was quite regular before:naughty. That to me is ringing alarm bells.

I'v been to the docter all he said was there is obviously problems with our realationship and asked if i got errections in the morning.

I replied yes and he seemed satisfied that it was obviously a realationship problem which to me was a bit of a slap dash assesment.
  • Options
    might very well be somethign psychological. You should know best, if somethings bugging you? Life going nowhere? bad grades? Afraid of something or someone?

you said your g/f is good looking, but you don't find her "attractive". If there is no good reason for it and you feel just motionless in general lately, you should pinpoint what is the reason for this.
  • Options
    I dont know, im kinda confused aswell:(

I just think its strange how suddenly i stopped finding her attractive.

I guess i do fancy people on tv but I guess you always do.

Why im trying to say i guess is that after a while in a realationship your attraction obviously does somewhat "dim" but im begginning to wonder to myself if im having psychological problems regarding getting in the mood for sex.

I dont ,ahem, masterbate nearly as much as i used to either. Sorry for sounding crude but it was quite regular before:naughty. That to me is ringing alarm bells.

I'v been to the docter all he said was there is obviously problems with our realationship and asked if i got errections in the morning.

I replied yes and he seemed satisfied that it was obviously a realationship problem which to me was a bit of a slap dash assesment.

That doesn't sound helpful. You could try getting a second opinion and seeing if a different doctor has any more useful advise?

Other than that... If you are stressed or low I'd say try and find ways to tackle that and see if that helps.
    Have you considered contacting a cousellor to talk about it? Maybe they could help you try and get to the bottom of why this is happening and if it's her or sex itself that you've gone off.

I think it's fairly normal for your sex drive to come and go a bit sometimes.

Don't stress out about it too much.
  • Options
    Hi there,

This is a tough one, yet it was a good idea to see the GP to make sure everything is ok. Here is an article that is mainly directed to the girlfriend of men with a low libido, however this might help you go through the checklist of what you feel might be the problem. If you are eventually sure that it is not a physical problem, maybe you will have to take a closer look at your relationship.

Good luck :)