Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Quick am i being stupid?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I text my girlfriend sayin "hey gorgeous. This is my new number"

She said "i dont have this number in my phone. Talk dirty to me"

I said "you wont do its my new 1. Talk dity now? wat u doin u sexy lil minx?

she said "lol. just checking its mr xxxx. not that i get addressed as gorgeous by anonomuous numbers normally."

Is that wrong or am i just bein stupid??

Comments

• Options
    please put my mind at ease before i send an unhappy text back
  • Options
    I'm confused about what she means????
    is mr xxxx what she actually put or did you put that to hide a name?
    i'd text back just to clarify what she means, dont put anything that might make things worse though, just ask.
    Sorry if this is the case but who is mr xxxx? sounds a bit like she might be seeing or has been texting someone else
  • Options
    sorry its my name.......im probably way over thinkin this but if she didn't know who it was why text that srt of thing?
  • Options
    Well did you text from ur new number? Cos if you did it wouldnt have come up on her phone with a name, just a number, and she wouldnt have known it was you.

not that i get addressed as gorgeous by anonomuous numbers normally - this bit sounds like shes just messing around. Sounds alright to me
  • Options
    Yes it was my new number thats y i dont nderstand y she would say talk dirty to me? then say im just checking?
  • Options
    Oooh i see, i missed that bit.
    Hmm well if your worried about it then ask, couldve just been a joke, or she mightve actually known it was you and was double checking.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I reckon she probably thought it was you anyway and was just playing about - I wouldn't worry.
  • Options
    My point is why would she have to think about it? If i was unsure then i wouldn't text that back!

Oh well another of lifes little joys. Will text her back without saying anything.
  • Options
    Seriously I wouldn't worry.

I'm guessing that she would have a good idea that you were getting a new number and the fact you text her saying "Hi gorgeous" meant that she was pretty sure it was you and her reply was mean to be taken as a joke.

I think you are thinking about this WAY to much!
  • Options
    id say she was joking, but you should ask her and see her reaction
  • Options
    Im starting to realise that i am too much of a logical thinker and relationships are not logical.

If things dont add up then i just cant helpgetting negative and think WHY?. I hate my need for explanations to everything it can be so annoying :(
  • Options
    well i must admit, it would probably make me think a bit, but then again, you know her and i dont. Is it the sort of thing she would usually do?
  • Options
    quick quick: yes you are being stupid.

It's just witty banter.
  • Options
    mrniceguy wrote: »
    Im starting to realise that i am too much of a logical thinker and relationships are not logical.

If things dont add up then i just cant helpgetting negative and think WHY?. I hate my need for explanations to everything it can be so annoying :(

I know what you mean, i do it all the time as well and usually it means nothing, its just me getting worked up over nothing.
    If you need to ask her to put your mind at rest then do it :)
  • Options
    well i must admit, it would probably make me think a bit, but then again, you know her and i dont. Is it the sort of thing she would usually do?

Yes, as i get to know her more there has been quite a few things that have got me thinkin so im trying not to take them to heart. I think its just her character and she doesn't mean ay harm. Its just hard this early on because it tests my trust a lot.

The last thing was a convo about her ex, she said "he must be getting over the break up because he has changed his relationship status on facebook. Fair enough if she was just having a nosey as many would people would do that, but they were meant to have broke up about 3 months prior to this! Why had he only just changed it?

She openly said this to me and i cant resent her for still caring about him. I think all these little things are just her character and probably nothing to worry about.

But its still dam hard sometimes because im not like that so can be a hard pill to swollow :(
  • Options
    The last thing was a convo about her ex, she said "he must be getting over the break up because he has changed his relationship status on facebook. Fair enough if she was just having a nosey as many would people would do that, but they were meant to have broke up about 3 months prior to this! Why had he only just changed it?QUOTE]

I think this was because, not everyone checks their facebook all the time, or always keep it up to date, and had probably not thought about it before. I've had to tell my ex and my current bf to change theirs, but thats only so i can let everyone know he's mine now ;)

With the little trivial it can be hard to not think more into it, i know cos i do it all the time. Just this weekend my bf went out to buy some breakfast cos i was still in bed and he didnt want me to have to do any washing up. I was a bit hurt at first, but i know it doesnt mean anything.

I reckon if it was serious, you'd know
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    The last thing was a convo about her ex, she said "he must be getting over the break up because he has changed his relationship status on facebook. Fair enough if she was just having a nosey as many would people would do that, but they were meant to have broke up about 3 months prior to this! Why had he only just changed it?QUOTE]

I think this was because, not everyone checks their facebook all the time, or always keep it up to date, and had probably not thought about it before. I've had to tell my ex and my current bf to change theirs, but thats only so i can let everyone know he's mine now ;)

With the little trivial it can be hard to not think more into it, i know cos i do it all the time. Just this weekend my bf went out to buy some breakfast cos i was still in bed and he didnt want me to have to do any washing up. I was a bit hurt at first, but i know it doesnt mean anything.

I reckon if it was serious, you'd know

Awww the joys of bein in love eh!

I think it helps to vent these little things on here. I know communication is paramount in a relationship but if your partner has a different type of character to you then it can be very hard. If i told my gf everytime something annoyed me she probably wouldn't wanna be with me anymore lol. At the end of the day who would want to be with someone they are always arguing with.

You just have to keep loving and hope your characters are compatible. Thats my new theory anyway hehe