Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is this true?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I was talking to my friend (guy) and I was telling him how I wanted my ex back and was planning on starting to talk to him again, so then he asks me if we were both each others firsts', and yeah we were actually, then he tells me that there is no way that we will end up together because people that end up marring their "firsts" always end up in divorce. is this true?

Comments

• Options
    No of course its not. I'm sure there are plenty of couples who were each other firsts. I guess its just much more likely that they dont end up together.
  • Options
    well that's true, but aren't people wanting to experience with other people. Like on the other thread where the girls is talking about her 6 years relationship and the guy is scared to commit, and wanting to sleep with other girls. and when that is true occasionally that leads into cheating doesn't it?
  • Options
    impossible is nothing, but it's not very likely I think. But it depends on why you split and how compatible you are with each other. Being the first doesn't mean the most suitable.
  • Options
    My parents were 'firsts' they have never married but have been together nearly 40 years.. although i guess they are the exception rather than the rule.
  • Options
    I don't see why it shouldn't work out tbh... But then I never really understand the needing to sleep with lots of different people to try it thing - unless it's not working out with someone.

I do however think that it's rare for relationships to work when it's ended before, because there was a reason you split up once before.
    Not impossible, but rare.