Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

dating website and what to do when you find someone you like?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
after much deliberation, i decided to join 3 dating websites, and i've had quite a lot of attention on them, a lot from guys in their late 20's and early 30's which annoyed me a little because i don't really want to date anyone over 25...

anyway, i've found 2 guys on 2 site who i think are worht meeting, one lives just down the road from me, the other lives in surry! both i've only been talking to for several days, but i'm wondering how long i leave it before seeing if they want to meet, or should i let them ask?

another guy i started talking to last night seemed really nice, but he freaked me out a bit by offering his number and just over flattering me....sounds really odd now i'm verbalising it, maybe it just tapped into some insecurity i have...i don't know if i keep talking to him or not, he seemed really lovely, but i kind of wanted to keep him at an arms distance...

anyone got experiance of doing this online dating malarky...

actually seeing as i've never done it...any actual dating advice would be good...i've kinda just had rather full on from the start relationships...

thanks!

Comments

• Options
    another guy i started talking to last night seemed really nice, but he freaked me out a bit by offering his number and just over flattering me....

Aye, I can see why that'd freak you out. Back in the days when I used to go on Faceparty (:eek: ) it always freaked me out if guys were like that.

But to be fair to him, it is a dating website and maybe he's just very pro-active? If he seems nice, it mightn't harm having a chat with him on the phone for a while before you write him off completly.

I've not got an experience of dating websites so I don't really know what the etiquette is about who asks who out and stuff...

I have had a date with someone I met online though... Was a little awkward at first but we soon got chatting and had a really nice time. It's basically a blind date that you've set up for yourself. I had a timed escape planned out before hand incase he was horrible and then went to the toilet to cancel it cos we were having a good chat and got on OK. Always useful to have a get out though.
  • Options
    now thats a good idea!

i might talk to him again tomorrow...

up self esteem is getting so much higher with all this attention! its great!
  • Options
    I spoke to one for 2 and a bit weeks. 4 weeks later he's still my boyfriend :D
  • Options
    after much deliberation, i decided to join 3 dating websites, and i've had quite a lot of attention on them, a lot from guys in their late 20's and early 30's which annoyed me a little because i don't really want to date anyone over 25...

anyway, i've found 2 guys on 2 site who i think are worht meeting, one lives just down the road from me, the other lives in surry! both i've only been talking to for several days, but i'm wondering how long i leave it before seeing if they want to meet, or should i let them ask?

If I met a girl online and she lived down the road I would probably ask her out for a pub-sit-and-chat after 2 or 3 days, to a local pub you both know and like. no reason to wait, in my opinion.
  • Options
    Well I have met quite a few online people in person, but not from dating services. But from online games I play, Usually when talking to them for about a few weeks, we exchange numbers that way I found out more about them, if they live really close to me and their fun to talk to, I just tell them that we should meet up.