Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why am I so insecure?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My luffly new boyfriend in case I forgot to mention him ;) is a relatively good looking chap! He's into doing weights and will join the gym once he's got some money so will be toning up even further. On Monday night about 3 of my female friends said "Ooh he's quite fit isn't he" - something I'm not used to hearing because, lets be honest, my ex wasn't the most physically attractive man in the world (not that looks matter can I just add!).

I can't help feeling he'll turn round soon enough and say to himself..."What on earth am I doing with this fat lump! I can do so much better".

His new keenness for toning up/getting fitter HAS inspired me to crack on with WW which I've kinda neglected recently..but it doesn't stop me thinking I'm not good enough.

Argh...wheres the wet salmon required for a slap in times like these?!

Comments

• Options
    Curvy_lass wrote: »
    My luffly new boyfriend in case I forgot to mention him ;) is a relatively good looking chap! He's into doing weights and will join the gym once he's got some money so will be toning up even further. On Monday night about 3 of my female friends said "Ooh he's quite fit isn't he" - something I'm not used to hearing because, lets be honest, my ex wasn't the most physically attractive man in the world (not that looks matter can I just add!).

I can't help feeling he'll turn round soon enough and say to himself..."What on earth am I doing with this fat lump! I can do so much better".

His new keenness for toning up/getting fitter HAS inspired me to crack on with WW which I've kinda neglected recently..but it doesn't stop me thinking I'm not good enough.

:( I know what you mean. Not to boast, but people are always fawning over my boyfriend (both guys and girls) and I receive so very little attention. I feel fat and ugly at the best of times, but when I'm out with him it's just hopeless!

But, you have to remember that you're fit boyfriend is with you because he really likes you and because he thinks you're hot!! Which you so totally are so. It's hard sometimes but you're the one he's chosen to show off ;)
  • Options
    Oh my god don't you say that you are GORGOEUS hun its just probaby it new relationship+it feel wierd hope you ok x:wave:
  • Options
    He might not think your a 'fat lump' hes with you for a reason which is loooooove!!
    If he ever did leave you for a 'hotter girl' then its his loss right?!
  • Options
    Awwww i dont feel so alone now. Im totally with you on this one. If you read through my posts you will see that this is a big issue for me.

You are a good looking gal and yey your bf chose you! Just try and enjoy being with someone who is gorgeous.......thats what im trying to tell myself anyway lol

Not only is my girlfriend stunning she is so down to earth, cool sexy and friendly, i know for a fact she could pick up a guy in minutes. She has also just come out of a 5 year relationship so im up against that as well.

So you really are not alone on this one. I for one im going to try and enjoy my girls hotness as much as possible ;) just incase she does open her eyes one day soon :(
  • Options
    I'm sure if he didn't find you attractive he wouldn't be with you.
  • Options
    If he ever did leave you for a 'hotter girl' then its his loss right?!

Or his win :D

sorry, that probably didn't help :(
  • Options
    Curvy_lass wrote: »

Well..you might feel like slapping yourself with a wet salmon.....but for thinking like this! common!

As many of the replies you've got so far, I agree...he is with you for a reason, not with someone else, so, chin up, realize you are the best girl in the world for him, and enjoy your relationship together!
    Better yet, when your friends say something about how he looks, show off and say something like "isn't he good looking? and better yet he's mine!" :D

:thumb: ;)
  • Options
    Dude's try it on with my girlfriend like every time we go out. It used to really bother me, I'd get fucking angry and start staring out anyone who came near her.
    Meh, it still kind of bothers me, and yeah it can make you worry, espescially when she's going out with just her girlfriends and not you. But at the end of the day, it's me she's going home with...we love eachother and I know that I'm the only guy for her.
    You need to believe this about your relationship too! I know it's not easy.
  • Options
    If he thought you were a fat lump he wouldn't be with you no?