Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Friends???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was always friendly with my husbands sister,call her "A" . I'm in my 30's she is a few years younger. Then one of my husbands brothers gets a new girlfriend and it looks like wedding bells at this stage, which is great! the only thing is that "A" is now all about the girlfriend and I'm just ignored. She's been on the scene a few years now so you'd think the novelty would wear off! I don't mind in one way as I have alot of my own friends, but these 2 leave each other messages on facebook all the time, & both of them leave me none! It's so obvious & even though I've tried to be really friendly, they still exclude me from social events they attend together. It's making in law gatherings awakward now, & i was on the scene alot longer than the girlfriend! She can be friendly to me too, but obviously prefers "A". I think they know it gets to me! how do i deal with this?

Comments

• Options
    Get new friends, this way you won't rely on them to take/invite you to places. :D
  • Options
    NavyBlue wrote: »
    how do i deal with this?

Suck it up and try not being so girly about it.

The last thing your old man needs is this drama over nothing. Find another girly mate and bitch about them and have done with it. Life is too short to let people get you down.
  • Options
    Agreed. Dynamics in relationships change all the time. Men tend to either be completely oblivious to it, or if they do realise what is going on just go off and do something else without actually giving a shit.

You need to do the same. She's found a new friend, she prefers her for some reason at this current time. You'll just have to live with it.
  • Options
    Ye I Know I shouldn't let it get to me! I've "moved on" from a few friends over the years , but it's harder this time as they are family now! I will try though, thanks for the advice!