Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

R.i.p Ivan Cameron

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
David and samantha cameron six year old son ivan has died today, who has suffer servere and rare form epilepsy and cerebral palsy. What a shame at least he at peace and no pain anymore. My heart goes out to them. My friends daughter has cerebral palsy she so brave. R.i.p ivan. :angel:

Comments

• Options
    Poor kid.

Aj Fan, on a side note, do you not have a full stop button on your key board?
  • Options
    this brings tears to my eyes every time i read about it :(
  • Options
    squeal wrote: »
    Poor kid.

Aj Fan, on a side note, do you not have a full stop button on your key board?

There edited that probelm that better?and i have mobile on internet.Not laptop god i get picked on over everything.I stopped the text talk god.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Aj fan wrote: »
    There edited that probelm that better?and i have mobile on internet.Not laptop god i get picked on over everything.I stopped the text talk god.:rolleyes:

I'm not picking, I just find it very hard to read your posts that's all. Thank you for taking the time to go back and edit it. Much appreciated.
  • Options
    squeal wrote: »
    I'm not picking, I just find it very hard to read your posts that's all. Thank you for taking the time to go back and edit it. Much appreciated.

No probelm.Thank you for posting back thanking me.I will make sure of my punctution in futher threads and comment's.:yes: :heart:
  • Options
    I was very sorry to read about this. My condolences and sympathies are with David Cameron, Samantha and the family at this very difficult time for them.
  • Options
    Very sad. No parent should have to bury their child.
  • Options
    I thought Brown gave a good speech in PM's Question Time, especially moving as he had a daughter who died after a few days and has a son with Cystic Fibrosis
  • Options
    this brings tears to my eyes every time i read about it :(

me too :/
  • Options
    I thought Brown gave a good speech in PM's Question Time, especially moving as he had a daughter who died after a few days and has a son with Cystic Fibrosis

Yeah. Very thoughtful words. It must have been very hard for him.
  • Options
    This is really sad, but if we are being brutally rational about it, (and bear in mind I understand the pain to some degree - I had a friend suffering from MD die earlier this year :() why do so many die and get no notice, but then a politician's family member dies and it's all stop, the whole country pours out sympathy, and so on.

I think he should rightfully be shown the respect he has been, but it's the double-standards that on some level I can't quite understand bothers me a bit. Why are some deaths more poignant that others? It's still that two-class society, isn't it? Important class, and cattle class.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    I think he should rightfully be shown the respect he has been, but it's the double-standards that on some level I can't quite understand bothers me a bit. Why are some deaths more poignant that others? It's still that two-class society, isn't it? Important class, and cattle class.

I don't think that people are more moved by a politicians son dying than their neighbour down the roads son dying - it's just that one person is in the limelight, so it is reported more and more people comment.

I don't really understand what you mean by double standards? Do you mean beause people were requested to respect their privacy at this time?
  • Options
    This is really sad, but if we are being brutally rational about it, (and bear in mind I understand the pain to some degree - I had a friend suffering from MD die earlier this year :() why do so many die and get no notice, but then a politician's family member dies and it's all stop, the whole country pours out sympathy, and so on.

Because Cameron is in the limelight, how would it look if the media said NOTHING about it? Something had to be said. It's not a class thing. Look at Jade? She certainly isn't 'important class', is she (bless her)?

To me, it doesn't mean I feel any less for a parent who loses their child on my council estate. I feel for any parent who is grieving in such a position. I am not a huge fan of Gordon Brown but I would do anything I could to have allowed him not to experience the loss he had a few years ago. If anything, Cameron's loss is a reminder to all of us that we are very fragile beings, regardless of 'social status'.
  • Options

because he was only 6.
  • Options
    because he was only 6.

My point wasn't that anybody is wrong to get upset about it, but just that if you think about it 6 year olds die every day and nobody ever sheds a tear. Like I said, I couldn't describe what I felt exactly, but some part of me feels uncomfortable that the hundreds and thousands of other children who will die young will not be noticed by us. It makes me feel uncomfortable to think we go on every day not caring about the suffering and death and only when it is thrust in our face do we take a moment's pause for reflection.

If it was just because he was 6, there would be a news story every day about the latest 6 year old to die. It's more than that. Sorry if I have come across the wrong way, I too am deeply saddened and get this tightness in my stomach when I think about it. But I also feel kind of guilty or something about the rest of the children who we all forget about.