Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

HELP! I'm so confused!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is going to sound very strange,and you'll prob question why i'm posting anything at all on here.

I have recently started seeing this guy, and I have never been in a relationship before. I have been in many different "things" which has mainly just boiled down to sex.

This guy is lovely. He cares for me alot and wants more from me. Its only been 8 weeks but he already wants me to commit to him, but for some reason I can't. I don't want to end things with him as I think i care for him. The thought of not having him in my life upsets me.

I find myself constantly pushing him away, but he lets me do it, without thinking anything of it.

I scared cos i feel like im in a situation that I don't know what I have got until its gone, but if I did finish things, then i think i would hurt him so much.

In the beginning of relationships they say you meant to be full of lust and head over heels but I don't feel like that.

I have wanted someone like him for a long time. I don't want to lose him. But i dont know how i can move on. He wants us to be an official couple, as we are in everyway except the title of it i guess. But the thought of the "titles" panics me and scares me.

I can't talk to him, because he gets upset with me, and I can't talk to my friends because the single ones thing i should finish with him and the taken ones think I'm mad.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Sorry, just clarify things for me.
    Why are you so scared? Worried about losing him and being hurt if you do commit, or that you just like being single?
    The thing to do is whatever makes you happy, and as you say you care for him alot, but it sounds like maybe you're just not into him enough to have a proper relationship.
  • Options
    look just coz u don't wonna commit duzn't mean anyfin, jst tell him you love him with all of your heart but your jst nt ready for that yt. And if he thinks nothing of it wen you push him away then that showz that he understandz and completly respects and loves you:heart::heart: . it is hard to find a guy who cares like that for a woman hold onto him unless your absolutly and completely sure that your relationship woth him izn't working out before you do anything that you will regret:) :):heart::heart::heart:
  • Options
    Sometimes you just have to let go, if the feeling isn't there it isn't fair for either of you.
    But do take time to yourself and think about what you really feel for him,
    and what you both want out of this relationship. Before letting him go.
    Good guy are hard to find but it doesn't mean he is the last one you will run into.