Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Recession rant

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
Hey,
It was great to read all your interesting comments on Mione's rant - and remember if you want to write a rant yourselves as other Siters have done in the past including TT, Renzo, Ballerina, Halloween, Kermit to name a few then please do send your ideas to my PM box :)

For now, rove your peepers over Harry's words on the credit crunch.

Slump hump.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I would rant, except I think ranting and posting it on here is a bit faux pas. Not that it's *actually* bad, just... there's a stigma lol. As for this particular rant, it's not really angry about anything :p it's just like a thread in P&D. I love the rants though, mostly because I get to say what rubbish they are spouting, in this case unfortunately he does not rant nearly enough about bankers (which I could happily argue with), or government, or something else like that.

Poke him with a stick and see if you can get some life out of him. :D
  • Options
    Can I do one about the ignorance of most people who choose to voice concerns about the credit crisis and who caused it, who don't appear to understand at all what it's about and who merely wish to mouth off against 'greedy bankers' in a tirade of jealousy trussed up as egalitarian schadenfreude?
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Can I do one about the ignorance of most people who choose to voice concerns about the credit crisis and who caused it, who don't appear to understand at all what it's about and who merely wish to mouth off against 'greedy bankers' in a tirade of jealousy trussed up as egalitarian schadenfreude?

Yeah, but can you make it an audio or video rant? I'd love to see/hear that. :)
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote: »
    Yeah, but can you make it an audio or video rant? I'd love to see/hear that. :)
    You wouldn't, I've heard it :p.

Kidding, he's very clever and convincing...
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    You wouldn't, I've heard it :p.

Kidding, he's very clever and convincing...

Damn straight. That was only an edited version that I gave you Franki.

To be honest, I don't think it will be very popular, though it does need to be said.
  • Options
    The Great Depression was not accidental, it was a carefully contrived occurrence. The international Bankers sought to bring about a condition of despair here so that they might emerge as rulers of us all.” - Louis McFadden

“The only thing that is necessary for evil to triumph is for men of good will to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke

tHE GREAT DEPRESSION ....WAS THE FIRST SCIENTIFICALLY PRODUCED ECONOMIC COLLAPSE.
    tHE WORLD BUT MORE SO aMERICA BACK THEN ...WAS FLOODED WITH credit and then the credit withdrawn.
    The same is happening right now.

We are on the verge of a Global transformation. All we need is the right major crisis and the nations will accept the New World Order.” - David Rockefeller to the United Nations Business Council on September 23, 1994
  • Options
    Damn straight. That was only an edited version that I gave you Franki.

To be honest, I don't think it will be very popular, though it does need to be said.

I'd be interested in hearing that.

Furthermore having a look back at my own rant I don't think even I beleive some of that anymore.
  • Options
    The Great Depression was not accidental, it was a carefully contrived occurrence. The international Bankers sought to bring about a condition of despair here so that they might emerge as rulers of us all.” - Louis McFadden

“The only thing that is necessary for evil to triumph is for men of good will to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke

tHE GREAT DEPRESSION ....WAS THE FIRST SCIENTIFICALLY PRODUCED ECONOMIC COLLAPSE.
    tHE WORLD BUT MORE SO aMERICA BACK THEN ...WAS FLOODED WITH credit and then the credit withdrawn.
    The same is happening right now.

We are on the verge of a Global transformation. All we need is the right major crisis and the nations will accept the New World Order.” - David Rockefeller to the United Nations Business Council on September 23, 1994

Lol I take it you watched zeitgeist as well then?
  • Options
    I watched the Zeitgeist awhile ago. Many times in fact just to clarify the info. I want to believe this, and I used to with doing more research into it and the banking system as a whole... but damn, the more I read and hear from the guys who are involved with the "Zeitgeist Movement" the more I think it's bollocks. They're turning into a repeated record.
  • Options
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    I watched the Zeitgeist awhile ago. Many times in fact just to clarify the info. I want to believe this, and I used to with doing more research into it and the banking system as a whole... but damn, the more I read and hear from the guys who are involved with the "Zeitgeist Movement" the more I think it's bollocks. They're turning into a repeated record.

Yea, the problem is the approach. We should approach problems without prejudice and try to understand what's actually going on, they approach problems with a preset idea (i.e. conspiracy) and so actively look out for evidence that supports that claim, and stretch evidence when it doesn't.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Yea, the problem is the approach. We should approach problems without prejudice and try to understand what's actually going on, they approach problems with a preset idea (i.e. conspiracy) and so actively look out for evidence that supports that claim, and stretch evidence when it doesn't.

Ha ha. It sounds like you are describing some evolutionary scientists there.

The is more evidence to back up these claims as well.

Some of it is the actual testimony of the movers and shakers who stand accused.
  • Options
    Unless you put most of the population of the western world on trial, the 'accused' will represent a very small percentage of the guilty parties.

We are all to blame, not just the bankers, not just the politicos; this whole situation is far to big for the blame to be handed to a select number of individuals.
  • Options
    yea right. why do you keep posting rubbish, really? edit: - to god of schmuck not thunderstruck

Stop and think for 5 minutes before posting. I was describing you, it would seem. You have an idea and just don't care about looking at things or reading things ("Books are lies! lol") and just keep hammering away at the same nonsensical point.
  • Options
    yea right. why do you keep posting rubbish, really? edit: - to god of schmuck not thunderstruck

Stop and think for 5 minutes before posting. I was describing you, it would seem. You have an idea and just don't care about looking at things or reading things ("Books are lies! lol") and just keep hammering away at the same nonsensical point.

What on earth are you talking about ?
  • Options
    What on earth are you talking about ?

You keep saying scientists are just making theories up in their spare time, that they don't really have any merit whatsoever, anymore than someone saying god made earth, or any other idea dreamt up somehow. That's bullshit.
  • Options
    Perhaps I was off topic in this thread but I had just posted on that very observation in the relevant thread. Reading your post here immediately after had a certain synchronicity about it and,as such, amused me.

Meanwhile back at the suggested conspired global financial collapse . . . .
  • Options
    Lol I take it you watched zeitgeist as well then?

I only recently saw it.
    Label someone a conspiracy theorist and that makes it nonesense.
    I believe we are seriously into the end game of the NWO.

Quote from David Rockefeller
    “This present window of opportunity, during which a truly peaceful and interdependent world order might be built, will not be open for too long - We are on the verge of a global transformation. All we need is the right major crisis and the nations will accept the New World Order.”

Quote by: David Rockefeller
    Internationalist billionaire, CFR kingpin, founder of the Trilateralist Commission, World Order Godfather
  • Options
    Quote from David Rockefeller
    “We are grateful to the Washington Post, The New York Times, Time
    Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended
    our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost
    forty years.”
    “It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world
    if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years.
    But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a
    world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite
    and world bankers is surely preferable to the national
    auto-determination practiced in past centuries.”
    Quote by: David Rockefeller
    Internationalist billionaire, CFR kingpin, founder of the Trilateralist Commission, World Order Godfather
    Date: June 1991 Baden, Germany
  • Options
    Au contraire morrocan roll, I thought it was really compelling and scary. Then I spent 5 minutes after it had finished researching some of their facts, and a lot of them were either half truths (i.e. one source saying it might be like, another source saying another, so kind of contested) and others pretty much pure speculation.

I agree with the quote "When you rule out the impossible, whatever is left however improbable is the truth." but the problem is with Zeitgeist is they decided they wanted a conclusion implicating the whole world as a conspiracy and so did tests confirming their theory rather than tests to disprove it (as you should). I think it's called research bias. Basically if I try to prove that the world is flat, I type in google 'the world is flat' and get 100 sources, then it looks like I'm well researched.

It would have only taken 5 minutes to try to find some contradiction to that to find some very thorough evidence indicating the world is not flat. But not once did they present or consider any evidence like that, just labelled it as part of a conspiracy and said it goes up to the highest levels of government who have complete power and control etc and that everyone just believes it can't be true that there is a NWO and so people refuse to believe it.

Whilst this is nice to massage their egos that only they can see the 'true' nature of things (which is possibly why some people get so fervent about these theories) it also bypasses any challenging to the conspiracy theory. Say 'I have this document by engineers saying the WTC collapsed due to the fire heating the steel' and they will not even need to consider the evidence and pick holes with it, they can just say 'it's part of a government cover up'.
  • Options
    Au contraire morrocan roll, I thought it was really compelling and scary. Then I spent 5 minutes after it had finished researching some of their facts, and a lot of them were either half truths (i.e. one source saying it might be like, another source saying another, so kind of contested) and others pretty much pure speculation.

I agree with the quote "When you rule out the impossible, whatever is left however improbable is the truth." but the problem is with Zeitgeist is they decided they wanted a conclusion implicating the whole world as a conspiracy and so did tests confirming their theory rather than tests to disprove it (as you should). I think it's called research bias. Basically if I try to prove that the world is flat, I type in google 'the world is flat' and get 100 sources, then it looks like I'm well researched.

It would have only taken 5 minutes to try to find some contradiction to that to find some very thorough evidence indicating the world is not flat. But not once did they present or consider any evidence like that, just labelled it as part of a conspiracy and said it goes up to the highest levels of government who have complete power and control etc and that everyone just believes it can't be true that there is a NWO and so people refuse to believe it.

Whilst this is nice to massage their egos that only they can see the 'true' nature of things (which is possibly why some people get so fervent about these theories) it also bypasses any challenging to the conspiracy theory. Say 'I have this document by engineers saying the WTC collapsed due to the fire heating the steel' and they will not even need to consider the evidence and pick holes with it, they can just say 'it's part of a government cover up'.

Most of the religous stuff was pure fantasy.
    I am convinced from many other sources though and have been for quite some time that the Rockers and Rothschilds virtually own this world aND WILL ...BY THEIR OWN ADMISSIONS HAVE THEIR NEW WORLD ORDER.
  • Options
    That's one section that I thought was truely wrong, the religion.

http://www.rothschild.com - Something about that intro text though sends shivers down my spine.