Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Jazzing up a salad

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, so im gonna make a chicken salad for my lunch, gonna whack in some lettuce and cucumber and other salad bits and ive got a packet of grilled chicken pieces. what kinda dressing or sauce or anything could i use to jazz it up, make it tasty? ta!

Comments

• Options
    Why not JIZZING the salad up?

http://www.cookingwithcum.com/
  • Options
    gives new meaning to the phrase "tossing a salad" eh?? dear me :sour:
  • Options
    Haha! Minging!

I was going to suggest some parmesan cheese, caesar dressing and croutons...voila...chicken caesar salad (supposed to have anchovies too I think but I've always thought that sounds :yuck: )
  • Options
    Salad cream?
  • Options
    Yoghurt mixed with spices and salt and pepper can make a salad really nice and its low fat as well.
  • Options
    Oregano
  • Options
    Mayonaise.
  • Options
    Pesto, olive oil and a tiny splash of balsamic vinigar for the dressing

Jazz it up with some shredded spinach and toasted pine nuts

I love salads, once I start making one I get carried away putting in all the stuff I like they end up huuuuge! I think thats ok since raw veggies are really good for you. I like:

Sweetcorn, beans (any type), cherry tomatoes, blanched runner beans, grated carrot, jalapenos, avacado, roasted peppers, alfalfa sprouts...anything really lol!
  • Options
    Pesto is a good shout, or maybe grate some lime or other citrus fruit in there?
    Figs are the food of the moment and supposedly good for you so maybe cram some of those in there.
  • Options
    feta or mozzerella chunks :yum:
  • Options
    feta or mozzerella chunks :yum:
    Ooof yes. Best salad I've ever had was from a mega posh restaurant on South End Green which was rocket, cherry tomatoes and buffalo mozzarella with lots of lovely olive oil. Yumyumyum.

My favourite grilled chicken salad is caesar though. Grated cheese, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, peppers, chicken, caesar sauce and whatever else you might like to add in.