Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My friends has just phoned me up crying down the phone telling me she has just taken 5 Fluoxetine tablets, to try and kill her-self.

Should she seek medical help??? I don't no what to do any advise???

Ally xx

Comments

• Options
    Not a clue. Ring NHS Direct or something and ask them.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    squeal wrote: »
    Not a clue. Ring NHS Direct or something and ask them.

Yep, number is 0845 46 47.

Aww, this is a really hard situation - I hope you're OK.

But if you can get to her then I'd try and get her to doctors or A&E if it's close by.
  • Options
    I took 6 once and all it did was make me feel a bit nauseous. It depends entirely on the person though and I would ring them just to be safe.
  • Options
    I took about 10 once and yeah I just felt a bit sick. But still get medical advise.
  • Options
    that dose shouldn't do too much damage tbh, assuming she didn't mix them with anything else. i take nearly that much in a day. but she should definitely get someone to check her over, especially if she's feeling unwell.

hope you are both ok x
  • Options
    I taken 6 when i tryed to overdose and i was just sleepy all the time and didnt eat

it soon passed in 3 days

it would help to see a doc though i didnt.
  • Options
    It wont do her any physical damage so don't worry. Although obviously she needs to see a doctor for how she is feeling. To be honest, going to her GP will be fine but perhaps A&E would be more appropriate if she is still feeling bad. Let her know about the samartians.

Are you ok??? This must be a really hard thing to handle and it can be quite distressing taking care of someone who is suicidal. It's a lot of responability. Remember that in the end, there isn't much you can do but listen to what she has to say, try and be supportive and act as a friend. Quite often it's just a breif thing (that's not to say it isn't serious) and people are pleased that they survived an attempt.

Let me know if you need anything
    xx
  • Options
    The truth is it was me that took the overdose. I just said it was my friend because i panicked. I spent the night and all today in hospital and had an emergency appointment with my counsiler and i have one tomorrow.

Sorry for telling you all it was my friends.
    I just pankied and was scared.
    Ally xx
  • Options
    Ally** wrote: »
    The truth is it was me that took the overdose. I just said it was my friend because i panicked. I spent the night and all today in hospital and had an emergency appointment with my counsiler and i have one tomorrow.

Sorry for telling you all it was my friends.
    I just pankied and was scared.
    Ally xx

Di you buy any books yet?
  • Options
    Nope not yet, me and my mum are going shopping tomorrow, so i might buy some them.