Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Silly girl...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am feeling so effing stupid right now it's unreal. Not a major thing but I broke up with my ex nearly three years ago. We lived together, we talked about one day maybe getting married... named our kids and then it all went tits up (for many reasons) and we split up. It was for the best, I don't regret it or anything.

Nearly three years on and I've met a great guy and things are going really well. I never see my ex (he moved far away) and we don't really talk but we are friends on facebook. And today his status says "has met an amazing girl *grins*"

and every logical bit of my brain is being fuzzed over by intense jealousy. Utter dog and the hay syndrome and I am feeling so silly.

Is this normal? I'm sure it is. I am actually pleased he has found someone it seems but there's a bit of me that's... dare I say it? Jealous?

Comments

• Options
    I think that's only natural hun. I know I'd feel like that if I saw something similar.

Forget about the pillock.
  • Options
    kate- wrote: »
    I think that's only natural hun. I know I'd feel like that if I saw something similar.

Forget about the pillock.

Yeah I guess it... I can't help but feel nosey though and wonder who she is... what she's letting herself in for.... what he says about me etc.

Argh, don't like this feeling
  • Options
    Well, I think this can be a problem with having exes on facebook. My ex is on my facebook and I am now seeing someone new. I don't want him knowing about it so am being careful to make sure I don't discuss it in public places - eg peoples walls, status updates, etc.

I totally understand where you're coming from. I guess it is just a touch of "what if" and wondering how life could have been different, and what this new girl has that you didn't (probably nothing. He's probably in that exciting first flush of love when everything about a person is amazing - before you've discovered that their farts stink or they drum their fingers or snore).
  • Options
    I can't help the curiousity though... I'm such a voyeur. I don't check on him very often (the status popped up on my news feed) and I don't really show off too much on my facebook.

As for the new girl I am *slightly* worried for her because we broke up due to domestic violence (on his part, which he still denies to everybody and everything) and then I found out later he had a substance abuse problem. Not a major one, but one nonetheless. I guess she'll know what she's getting herself in for though. Not my problem
  • Options
    I know what you mean and I think it's only natural. I have my ex on facebook and even just seeing new pictures of him out with his mates and all smiley and happy, or comments from any female friends makes me feel horrible.

I'd suggest just not paying any attention to it, or if you're really bothered by it then remove him from your list so you dont have to look at it