Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Shaving and hygiene down there...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Guys, going on a weekend away with my girlfriend in two week's time, and with us being in close proximity for longer than usual, I want to make sure I look and feel as fresh as a daisy! So this will be one of a number of questions I'll be asking over the next week or so. However, we have discussed doing sexual stuff (but not sex) for the first time recently, so I thought making sure my bits and pieces were as nice as possible would be a good place to start!

First of all, shaving or getting rid of hair down there. Now a few times I have shaved everything off down there, but I don't like the stubble it leaves and the urge to scratch more! I leave myself natural as I've never got round to doing anything about it, but want to do something about it as I feel it will look better and be more pleasurable for my girlfriend. I don't want to shave everything off, just enough to leave it so that she doesn't have to make an effort to avoid all the hair! So what method would you recommend for hair removal, any particular products and any particular way to do it? I don't want to leave my hair ueven all over the place!

The next thing I wanted to ask is about getting sweaty down there. Now with all parts of your body, if you get sweaty enough, you'll start to smell. Now, I do use soap and shower gel to wash around my cock and balls, but sometimes, even if I'm only walking around the town, I can get sweaty down there, and the same smell is there. I know you're recommended to wash down there before doing anything of an intimate nature, but is there anything else I can wash with or do to avoid the situation of getting overly sweaty or smelly down there? It's nothing really pungent, but I would rather be as sweet smelling as possible!

Finally, I know you're always told to wash underneath your foreskin if you have one, and to wash with an unscented soap or shower gel if you're planning on someone going down on you. What's the best thing to use for cleaning this way, and any tips on making it as clean as possible.

Thanks for any help that you can offer me! :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    Personally, I would trim rather than shave.

Shower often during the day to keep smelling fresh. That should keep all your bits smelling acceptable.

Use a mild liquid soap for your foreskin. If you can stand it, keep your foreskin pulled back in your underwear so that there is no smegma build up.

To be honest, its difficult to advise because everyone is different in how much they sweat etc.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    Personally, I would trim rather than shave.

Shower often during the day to keep smelling fresh. That should keep all your bits smelling acceptable.

Use a mild liquid soap for your foreskin. If you can stand it, keep your foreskin pulled back in your underwear so that there is no smegma build up.

To be honest, its difficult to advise because everyone is different in how much they sweat etc.

Thanks Teagan. Is it wrong that I thought you might be the first to reply? :D

Yeah, well, I shower once in the morning. Isn't always practical to do it more than once, but obviously if we were going to do things together, we'd shower.

I'll try the foreskin suggestion. Mild liquid soap-any suggestions of what to look for when I'm in Boots or wherever, next time?

Don't worry about the sweating part, seems enough advice to be getting on with in the mean time! Thanks again.
  • Options
    i think trimming is the way to go, and making sure you rinse your cock under the tap after every piss, which too few men do.
    Its not the sweaty balls smell thats the worst, but the taste/smell of stale piss is going to put most girls off
  • Options
    i think trimming is the way to go, and making sure you rinse your cock under the tap after every piss, which too few men do.
    Its not the sweaty balls smell thats the worst, but the taste/smell of stale piss is going to put most girls off

To be fair, this isn't exactly practical a lot of the time.

What IS practical is that when using a public convenience (or any other), use a cubical and make sure you use some toilet paper to dry any left around the end. The piss doesn't get a chance to dry, and so you're saved from the stale worries.
  • Options
    not practical all the time, but no problem at home where most sexual encounters are likely to take place. I think more people should get into the habit, girls as well
  • Options
    irv99 wrote: »
    Thanks Teagan. Is it wrong that I thought you might be the first to reply? :D

:blush:

Just IM me directly next time. ;):p
    Yeah, well, I shower once in the morning. Isn't always practical to do it more than once, but obviously if we were going to do things together, we'd shower.

I presumed you that as you were going away with her, that you might have access to a hotel bathroom or similar so that you can have some 'spontaneous' showers. Drag her in with you. Fun! :)
    I'll try the foreskin suggestion. Mild liquid soap-any suggestions of what to look for when I'm in Boots or wherever, next time?

Try a product like Simple or Dove soap, both available from Boots and other outlets.
  • Options
    you shouldnt use soap down there, youll get thrush/sore
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    make sure you use some toilet paper to dry any left around the end. The piss doesn't get a chance to dry, and so you're saved from the stale worries.

Very valid points. Dry the end of your willy off after a pee. I always use a cubicle, wherever possible, to have access for a handy bit of toilet paper to dab the end dry. :yes:
  • Options
    you shouldnt use soap down there, youll get thrush/sore

Not normal soap, certainly. I use Simple and its very mild. Never had a problem. But it must be rinsed off properly afterwards.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    :blush:

Just IM me directly next time. ;):p

Yeah, he'll come round and show ya. :lol:
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote: »
    Yeah, he'll come round and show ya. :lol:

Just like you did! :) :yes:
  • Options
    Lies! You forced yourself into my IM Box :(

Besides, I'm ill leave me aloneeee!
  • Options
    Lies! You forced yourself into my IM Box :(

Ohhhh .. is THAT what they call an anus these days? An IM box? :chin:
    Besides, I'm ill leave me aloneeee!

But not too ill to give poor Teagan some grief, yeah? :grump:
  • Options
    I'm just so good, I can do it with my eyes closed. :)
  • Options
    not practical all the time, but no problem at home where most sexual encounters are likely to take place. I think more people should get into the habit, girls as well

:yes: Yup, agreed.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the advice so far, guys. I normally wipe well and make sure everything is dry after visits to the loo, so no problems there. Showers will be taken if we get in the mood to get down to some stuff. I have used soap on my cock before, so there you go-guess I've done a lot of things already! Though it is good to hear I was on the right tracks. :) I'll need to try trimming now-just worried that my pubic hair will look like Edward Scissorhands has been at it!
  • Options
    Buy some cheap hair clippers or a beard trimmer. Nice and even ;)
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    Buy some cheap hair clippers or a beard trimmer. Nice and even ;)

I'll try that g_angel, thanks. :)
  • Options
    Taste, dont forget the taste!!!

Drink lots of pineapple juice, dont eat garlic or lots of fatty foods, and cut down on alcohol. Consume many fruits, and you'll taste as sweet as a cherry pie ;)