Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Worlds Number 1 DJ ;)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
The worlds number 1 DJ, no doubting that ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBmJQ19u3qI
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I was actually somewhere in that last bit, when it gets to the Above & Beyond part. Electric Daisy Carnival '07 in LA! I was like three people back.

Shit was soooooo siiick!

I thought Armin Van Buuren was number one?
    Even still Armin would be nothing without Tiesto.
  • Options
    Nah mate...itz like sooo DJ Tiesto, banging innit! :rolleyes: :p
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Nah mate...itz like sooo DJ Tiesto, banging innit! :rolleyes: :p

Likkke yannnooooooo whateevvvveeerrrrr....
  • Options
    He came on and played Rickey Astley when I was at Ministry... didn't have a clue what was going on at the time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk4Xg-Ya6jo
  • Options
    Lollercoaster at the video.

I really don't know who the world's top DJ actually is. For me, it would have to be someone who knows what they're doing, who's clearly talented and ideally they would be hugely versatile in what they do. That means the likes of Armin Van Buuren, DJ Tiesto, and Deadmau5 - the sort of bores who always clog up the top 100 DJs charts - are right out. The first two have been playing the same sort of stuff for years, then started playing house when they noticed trance was dying on its arse. Anything to keep the money coming in, eh? The third one is someone who got old pretty fast, not to mention the one who made the worst Essential Mix that I have ever heard.

My favourite DJs personally at the moment are Laidback Luke, Wolfgang Gartner, Thomas Gold, Dabruck & Klein and Hatiras, to name but five.

Now I shall wait for Goodfella to crucify me for speaking ill of the Mau5.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Lollercoaster at the video.

I really don't know who the world's top DJ actually is. For me, it would have to be someone who knows what they're doing, who's clearly talented and ideally they would be hugely versatile in what they do. That means the likes of Armin Van Buuren, DJ Tiesto, and Deadmau5 - the sort of bores who always clog up the top 100 DJs charts - are right out. The first two have been playing the same sort of stuff for years, then started playing house when they noticed trance was dying on its arse. Anything to keep the money coming in, eh? The third one is someone who got old pretty fast, not to mention the one who made the worst Essential Mix that I have ever heard.

My favourite DJs personally at the moment are Laidback Luke, Wolfgang Gartner, Thomas Gold, Dabruck & Klein and Hatiras, to name but five.

Now I shall wait for Goodfella to crucify me for speaking ill of the Mau5.

Nah not at all. DeadMau5 was a breath of fresh air in my opinion. He came onto the scene with some quality tunes that all kinds of DJ's across the board played. Not Exactly was an awesome track in my opinion.

I think he shot himself in the foot abit when he said in an interview that all DJ's were idiots and that there was nothing to DJ'ing. I don't particulary like DJ's who fart about using all kinds of effects and loops and presets, like DeadMau5 does. I mean yeah cool, fair enough you can make loads of interesting sounds and what not but you just lose the whole point of a track if you keep friggin adding loops and effects.

I pretty much like all the music he has made though, apart from that Cafe Del Mar track he made. That was pants. He's obviously very talented though and, from seeing his interviews and videos, he seems like a really cool guy.

In terms of the best DJ in the world. I've seen Armin countless times now, yeah he's good, very good. But i do get bored of the stuff he plays. I really like trance, but i generally like it with abit of an edge to it. I can;t handle too many airry fairy bits, i'll just get bored.

Marco V, Sander Van Doorn and Carl Cox have never disappointed. Pretty much spot on for my tastes.

I'm seeing Carl Cox in April too, cant wait :D
  • Options
    I'm pretty divided about this Mr Joel Zimmerman character. I agree that he made a fantastic few tracks to begin with - Not Exactly, Arguru, Faxing Berlin etc. And the stuff he does with Steve Duda under the BSOD name is always spot-on - I think dedicating the track "Milton" to Duda's dog was hilarious.

But recently, he just hasn't been putting any effort into his productions. His latest track "Catbread" can't seem to decide what it wants to be, and just comes across as an extremely poor man's Digitalism. His most recent remix job, for "Breathless" by Clearcut was a botched one. It doesn't seem to do anything or go anywhere - it just makes a lot of dull noises. Completely different to his remix of "Tiny Dancer" by Marco Demark - a version which gave me goose bumps when I first heard it. I read on his MySpace blog recently that he's gone back into the studio for a bit to make some new tracks. Here's hoping he comes back and proves me wrong!

One more addition to my list of favourite DJs, simply because I can - Riva Starr. partly because he was kind enough to give away two of his remixes for free recently.

Carl Cox = consistently brilliant.
  • Options
    Yeah, DeadMau5 does seem to have gone downhill ever so slightly. He'll come up with the goods though i'm sure.

Back to him as a DJ, i dont think he even beatmatches or can beatmatch, he says he gets the friggin laptop to do that for him! Anyway i'll leave him be, he only looks about 10 afterall.

My list of favourite producers is ridiculously long, i'm not even gonna bother. Very much into my techno, tech-house at the moment and Spektre are a duo i really really like. Might not be up your street SG, but i'll quote what someone said on there myspace..

"It's got to the point now where I can pretty much play a Spektre record out without having to listen to it. Their tunes are always the front of my "box", in case I get into trouble and need to rock it fast!"

Pretty much sums them up ;)
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote: »
    My list of favourite producers is ridiculously long, i'm not even gonna bother. Very much into my techno, tech-house at the moment and Spektre are a duo i really really like. Might not be up your street SG, but i'll quote what someone said on there myspace..
    I like tech-house stuff when I'm in the right mood, you know. :p I always like to see DJs and producers surprise me by doing something different to what they're known for.

Another name I'm adding onto my list (god, I could do on doing this all day) - Bart B More.
  • Options
    Lol. Also lol at all the people who don't get it on the comments.
  • Options
    Lol. Also lol at all the people who don't get it on the comments.

Ha yeh you should watch the ones where he talks about "winding down" and "how he deals with female attention" :D :thumb: