Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

ex owing you cash

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
someone I know is owed several hundred pounds by their ex - anyone had this? if so what happened?

Comments

• Options
    Friend of mine had this problem. Luckily she'd had sense to do the lending properly with signed agreements and so on, and threatened legal action if he didn't pay it back when he wasn't making payments.
    Can your friend prove how much was borrowed and that it was borrowed rather than given?
  • Options
    Tell me about it 2 years later and still owed about £1500 due to housing issues. Still mates with the guy tho and he's just got a decent job so will be sending round my bailiffs in a few months! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    i'm owed nearly £200 that i actually lent my ex...but he stole a hell of a lot me off me.

I've been able to do nothing asides having heavy build guy mates tell him to pay up...

nearly a year later and i still haven't seen a penny....

The best thing is to drop it. unless you have legal evidence showing that the money was on loan, then theres no way for claiming it back...
  • Options
    I had this. My long term bf owed me about £800 for his bike and about 6 months of rent. I still had his stuff and threatened to give it to orphans if he didn't cough up.

It was REALLY long and dragged out and because it had ended badly (domestic violence) I probably should have dropped it. But with the help of my mates I got the money for the bike back...sadly not the rent but at the time I was glad to cut my losses and be rid of.