Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Does anyone....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
feel like they are just totally on there own with everything. And all everyone ever wants to do is make you feel worse?

Because right now I am very low and sad and really don't know what to do with myself.

And.... I don't know really.
Anyone got any advice. Because I already get counseling but I don't really like them so I don't really talk to them. I have no-one that I can trust and know will understand. Not really. They just get upset and walk away.

I just often wish I was dead. Bad I know but it is the way I feel. Can't help it. :crying:

Comments

• Options
    I already get counseling but I don't really like them so I don't really talk to them.

I think that this is your problem and, as you said, not knowing your counsellor isn't helping matters, but it doesn't mean that counselling won't benefit you. I've had experiences of talking to people who I thought I couldn't open up to and I had to keep looking until I found someone I connected with and the type of counselling which worked for me.

Is this your first experience of counselling, because you are not obligated to stick with the first counsellor who you talk to and often stating your fears at a counselling session about the counselling rather than about what the counselling is for wil help the other person change how they approach looking at your concerns and problems with you.
  • Options
    Thanks.
  • Options
    I agree with betsy; you have to keep looking for a counsellor that you feel comfortable to talk to if this person that you're seeing isn't right for you. A good counsellor will make you feel more at ease and able to talk about your problems.

I've seen counsellors in the past whom I just didn't click with at all... But I've seen a couple who really helped; so you just have to find the right one.