Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Loss of drive

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years and at the beginning I was more open about sex. However more recently I've lost my sex drive!

I don't know why, but what can I do to get it back as it is causing strain on the relationship!

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Never easy :(

Guess it's important to figure out why.

Anything about the guy that has changed?
    Someone else you're interested in?

What was different at the start that made you open about it?

I've never really gone through this but friends have - sometimes it's just the length of time of the relationship, sometimes you just need to look at other people and see if you're looking for a break.

Sorry, not the best at advice but thought i'd make my first post try and be a lil bit useful.

Hope I can help more!
  • Options
    Could be stress related, anything major happening in your life at the moment?
  • Options
    that happened to me too, it was actually because i was on the pill, which made my hormone levels so low, my blood test showed up as me being post-menopausal - and i'm only 19! :eek2:

went off the pill for a month, sex drive came back, now i'm on a lower dose pill that doesn't affect me as much :)

so, if you're on the pill, or even if you aren't, consider seeing your GP for a blood test to check your hormone levels

there could be other reasons, possibly psychological, such as depression, a drop in weight (possibly from anorexia nervosa), anxiety. are you still getting your periods? some women that are really sporty (mainly female athletes) don't get their periods because of low body fat percentage - are you overexercising at all?

just a few suggestions, hope i've helped!