Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dumped by txt! After 5 years!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hello Everyone

This is my 1st post and i need some advice please . . . .

The story starts friday evening when out of the blue my girlfriend of 5 years suddenly says in a txt 'I want a break'.
We live apart from each other im 20 she is 19.

Right well I have heard these words before from previous girlfriends and you know how it goes, it dont last long after this. I tried to question this asking her what was wrong and all i got was leave it untill sunday and we might talk then. I then txt her saying if she did need to talk about anything i was here and would listen and try to help.
I never got a reply.

Sataday came and went no txt, calls etc

Now today i was expecting her to call saying how we should sort things out, but i hadnt recieved anything untill about 7 tonight.
I was getting abit annoyed basically waiting for her to call me so i tried to call her, it rang a couple of times then she hanged up the phone!
I txt her asking why she did this all i got from her was a txt saying 'BUSY'.

About 1 hour later i got another txt saying ' i dont wanna go out anymore'.

At that point i called her and she did answer the phone. The conversation went on for about 5 mins me asking what is wrong and why you doing this. All i get from her is 'i dont have a reason!'

I did ask is there someone else but she says no. But it would explain it.

The thing that really annoyed me about the whole phone call was that she didnt even sound upset! You would have thought after 5 years she would be abit sad about it!

Im really confused about what to do.

Should i leave it and hope it blows over? OR

Just call her txt try to sort it out?

Thanks for Reading any replies would be great.

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Don't have any advice mate, but its a horrible way to be finished, especially after so long :(
  • Options
    She sounds incredibly immature for starters!

If she won't talk to you now, then you'll be wasting your time calling her more right now. It makes no sense to me, but i've found that even though you think someone is emotionally mature as you, something out of the blue will come along and change everything.

Were there any previous indicators of what it could have been? from what you have said i'm guessing not...

some people are just twats...

i'd leave it a few days and maybe ask her again...

I know how you feel, i've had something different, but along the same lines happen to me...
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply!

Up untill friday there was no indication really of any behaviour change, but she has been seeing less and less of me. To give you an idea last week we saw each other friday night only, she stayed at mine then she went home to go out with her mates in the morning and that was it.
    Only thing i can think of that has been different, everytime her phone rings or she has a txt she hides it to make sure i cannot see it. I know people will be thinking shes cheating but im not so sure.
  • Options
    If you two carry on communicating by text, then the girlfriend can use the common fob-off tricks out of the hat. I'd arrange to meet again. Establish her motive and see if you can reason with her or agree mutually to end it. In that way, she has got to answer to you. If the girlfriend refuses to meet, then it's her prerogative and her loss.
  • Options
    How long do you think i should leave it untill i call her to try and arrange to meet?
  • Options
    a good few days, maybe leave it til thursday?
  • Options
    I will see how long i can last without sorting it out, I will update as soon as i have any news.

Thanks for the replies
  • Options
    i really know how bad you're feeling, my boyfriend of 7 years recently dumped me over the phone, and its not nice. you feel like if they had any respect for you they would do it face to face. but i agree with the folk who said leave it for a while. if your girlfriend isnt giving you any answers, chances are her head's in a mess so giving her time will let her sort her head out and maybe figure out why shes done this, maybe even realise shes made a mistake.

i also agree with arranging to meet up. things like this cant be dealt with properly over the phone or by text. if she refuses to meet you, i guess it'll tell you all you need to know. try and stay strong, and know that itll get better :)
  • Options
    sucks man. If a person does something like this after 5 years, without any kind of talk to mend things it's usually she has someone else and just broke up with you the moment she knew she had him.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear this mate

It sounds like she's met someone else to be honest - that would explain the not seeing you as much, the hiding the phone etc!

I'd try and cut off the contact to be honest!
  • Options
    Hi everyone
    Thanks for the replies!
    Day1 of singledom and im doing ok.
    Only thing that is bothering me at the moment is if she has found someone else why not just admit it?
    I would rather hear that then nothing.

Any of you out there heard the no excuse answer and later found out they was cheating?
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about this. It does sound like she has cheated though, all the signs are there, but then on the other hand the way she's behaving could just have been her way of distancing herself from you so that she doesn't hurt you as much as it may have been if she had kept up a front of you both being in love.

Like what has already been said, leave it a few days, contact her and see what she says about meeting up. If she's adamant that she doesn't want to then it looks like you will just have to walk away from the situation.
  • Options
    Honey, unless this girl has some major personal trauma going on in her life, she has no excuse for treating you this way. Not after 5 weeks maybe but 5 years?! No way!

I know it's hard but try to stop worrying about her reasons for doing things and move on to find someone better who cares more about your feelings. The great thing is that you're only 20! Too young to settle down anyway. You need to get back out there, see what you've been missing and enjoy yourself. The worst thing you can do is stay indoors and brood about it. Unless she starts talking, you're not going to get any reasons.

The bottom line is, you deserve better treatment than this! So stop worrying about her motives and focus on your own. What do YOU want from a relationship. Then get ready to go out and find it.
    Good luck! :)
  • Options
    What a fucking whore!
    No one deserves to be treated like that, espescially after 5 years! That really sucks mate, I know it's easier said than done...but fuck her mate, she's not worth wasting your credit on. She sounds like a cheap little slut who has no consideration for anyone but herself.
  • Options
    Hi Everyone

Thanks for all the support!

I love reading all the replies really has made me feel better!

When I ring her in a couple of days i will let you no what happens. . . .

Thanks Again.
  • Options
    Update!!!!!!

Hello everyone

As per my posts earlier in the week i called my ex girlfriend tonight.

It didnt go well!

Was a bit awkward to talk because she was driving, i asked to try and call her back later on tonight but she said she was to busy to talk to me for the next 3 nights because she was out!
    So i carried on!
    I asked if she had thought about what happend on friday she said she hadnt.
    I then asked if she was willing to meet this weeked to chat and see if we could work it out.
    SHE SAID NO! :crying:

At this point I had got the message. She is not going to sort it out.
    As her words were. 'I never want to see you again!' :banghead:

Im going to drop her stuff at hers tommorow when shes not in.

So thats the end of that. Im pretty sure now she has found someone else i feel pretty shit about that but there you go.
  • Options
    why would you wanna be wit a slag like that?count yourself lucky..
  • Options
    seanyboi wrote: »
    As her words were. 'I never want to see you again!' :banghead:

Im going to drop her stuff at hers tommorow when shes not in.

Dude, I wouldn't drop her stuff off yet. You need to get her reason/motive for splitting. Make her beg.
  • Options
    yeah, don't do her any favors. If she needs her stuff she can get it from your front lawn out of a black trash bag. You should be done with it, like she's done with you. By the sounds of it she has somebody else. Get over it as soon as possible.
  • Options
    Back Again

hello

I droped her stuff off tonight and she wernt in, its was killing me seeing her stuff around me i needed to get rid of it. I really do hate life right now i was ment to be going out tonight with a mate who i havent seen in a while but he stood me up i waited for him outside his house. Over an hour later no txt wouldnt answer his phone! i gave up and went home.

Wow its great being on your own!! :crying: