Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Your Opinion Please

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
There is this girl I work next to, she is a hair dresser. I have known her since high school us being 19 now. I use to speak to her a fair bit in year 10 but not a great deal. So I do not know her well. I guess we are aquiatences more then friends.

When I spoke to one of my "girl" friends I told her how I feel about this girl and she reckons its love at first site but I am not sure that is the case.

I don't know if I like her just because I don't know her and I see it as a challange or do I really like her. When we bump into each other I get nervous which is not normal for me I am not a shy person but with her I can not seem to find the right words to say I feel like I am not good enough to even speak to her.

Basic conversation consists of asking how she is and how her job is. Then talking about the weather and then saying good bye. Have a good day.

I don't know how to approach her because I worry about what she is thinking. Now I know Valentines is comming up so I thought I would send her a rose and just say its from Anonymous.

What do you guys/girls think? Is that to corny or stalkerish? Her work mates said it would really make her day but I just don't know. :nervous:

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    LostAussie wrote: »

What do you guys/girls think? Is that to corny or stalkerish? Her work mates said it would really make her day but I just don't know. :nervous:

Hey :wave:

Lots of people love a little attention on Valentine's Day, so I think it could be really cool, but not sure about the anonymous thing :chin: could it be awkward to tell her afterwards and then might you still be in the same situation? What does everyone else think? There might not be any harm in just being straight up and confidently giving it to her with a compliment - that kind of confidence is really attractive. You don't have to express your undying love of course, but perhaps let her know you've noticed her and feel she deserves the attention.

Also, although you say you're already aquaintances - you might find TheSite's article on the first conversation helpful as it might help prepare you for chatting to her on a friendlier level. There's also an article on the follow up. I think you're wise to not assume it's love at first sight as I guess it could be a crush?, but that doesn't mean it can't become more and you won't know for sure until you start getting to know her better.

Good luck and let us know how you get on! :)
  • Options
    you could just invite her down to the local for a pint...as mates and decide how you feel after that...
  • Options
    I would say that there isn't much point sending it from anonymous as then she won't know who its from!!!!!!!!!!

I also would be mildly freaked out if someone did that to me unless I already had a pretty good idea that they liked me and i'd given them quite a bit of encouragement back.

Your better off just talking to her more and asking her to come to lunch or to the pub or something.
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote: »
    Hey :wave:

Lots of people love a little attention on Valentine's Day, so I think it could be really cool, but not sure about the anonymous thing :chin: could it be awkward to tell her afterwards and then might you still be in the same situation? What does everyone else think? There might not be any harm in just being straight up and confidently giving it to her with a compliment - that kind of confidence is really attractive. You don't have to express your undying love of course, but perhaps let her know you've noticed her and feel she deserves the attention.

Also, although you say you're already aquaintances - you might find TheSite's article on the first conversation helpful as it might help prepare you for chatting to her on a friendlier level. There's also an article on the follow up. I think you're wise to not assume it's love at first sight as I guess it could be a crush?, but that doesn't mean it can't become more and you won't know for sure until you start getting to know her better.

Good luck and let us know how you get on! :)

Thanks for the advice I will get back to you.
  • Options
    Ok update:

I bought a red rose that is wrapped in like a purple mesh and attached is a bear that says special. I got the florist to deliver it for me.

The card says "To A Special Girl"

and she does not know its from me I could not put my name on I dont have the balls lol.