Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

G'day!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
G'day everyone,

I'm Joel, 18 and currently living in Australia. I don't know how I came across this website it is pretty random all I did was type "I want to move to england" in the google search bar.

I live in a little town (growing into a small city) named Port Macquarie right on the coast. I work full time for the government also known as The Department of Fair Trading. It is an easy job sitting at a computer all day making phone calls and when the boss is not looking well..she is not looking right now hence why I am able to type this up.

At the moment I have hit a brick wall in my life. Not knowing what I want to do. I don't want to live in Australia no longer I would like to move to England as soon as possible. Need a change, I am sure everyone needs a change in their life.

Anyways I am pretty easy going and willing to listen to anyone. So yea Hello :wave:

Comments

• Options
    Alright mate.
    I'm a 19 (nearly 20) year old English boy but I'm currently living in Australia too. Been here nearly 6 months now, in a town called Mooloolaba in Queensland's Sunshine Coast. Looking for a job at the moment, I'm un-employed and broke as fuck, there are hardly any jobs around here at the moment.
    Anyway, welcome to thesite. Sure you'll have a laugh around here.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Alright mate.
    I'm a 19 (nearly 20) year old English boy but I'm currently living in Australia too. Been here nearly 6 months now, in a town called Mooloolaba in Queensland's Sunshine Coast. Looking for a job at the moment, I'm un-employed and broke as fuck, there are hardly any jobs around here at the moment.
    Anyway, welcome to thesite. Sure you'll have a laugh around here.

Hey man,

I have been to Maroochydore which is not far from Mooloolaba I am quiet sure. Oh so your from England. I would love to go over there for a few years on a working visa. A nice small village.

Thanks for the welcoming. :wave:
  • Options
    Hey, welcome to thesite! :wave:

Don't come over yet, it's freezing!!
  • Options
    squeal wrote: »
    Hey, welcome to thesite! :wave:

Don't come over yet, it's freezing!!

I like the cold. Half the reason I chose England. :thumb:
  • Options
    LostAussie wrote: »
    I like the cold. Half the reason I chose England. :thumb:

Lol Yeah and it's too fucking hot in Australia at the moment!
  • Options

Yea that's exactly right. Australia is Hell on Earth at the moment. I like rainy days and dark skys and being all cosy and playing WoW or watching a movie on the lounge. (Where's my skirt right?) :hyper:

The hot weather really tends to get to me, I get in a bad mood from it and usually take it out on the people around me.
  • Options
    Hi there god i'd so love to live there it's my dream destintion sorry to hear about the awful fires there hope your'e ok where you are x:wave:
  • Options
    Aj fan wrote: »
    Hi there god i'd so love to live there it's my dream destintion sorry to hear about the awful fires there hope your'e ok where you are x:wave:

I am about 13 hours away from the fires. In a different state so I am fine thank you for the concern. I think the death toll is up to 127 this morning. Worst fires we have ever had. I feel guilty sitting here and not helping.
  • Options
    Welcome and enjoy the cyberdiscussions. On this forum it makes no difference whether you live in the same street as someone else posting, or discussing across continents
  • Options
    KiwiFruit wrote: »
    Welcome and enjoy the cyberdiscussions. On this forum it makes no difference whether you live in the same street as someone else posting, or discussing across continents

Thankyou.

I don't quite understand what you said about "On this forum it makes no difference whether you live in the same street as someone else posting, or discussing across continents"
  • Options
    Thankyou.

I don't quite understand what you said about "On this forum it makes no difference whether you live in the same street as someone else posting, or discussing across continents"

They probably mean everyone is welcome :)
  • Options
    1andonly wrote: »
    They probably mean everyone is welcome :)

Oh ok. Yes It seems like a very friendly community. :thumb:
  • Options
    Welcome :)
    Have anywhere in England in particular?
  • Options
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    Welcome :)
    Have anywhere in England in particular?

That's the thing I am still in the planning of it all and have no idea. I am wanting some where close to the city but a village/Shire with good internet service and cosey houses. Friendly area and close to shops and a pub.

With work available also.
  • Options
    I am about 13 hours away from the fires. In a different state so I am fine thank you for the concern. I think the death toll is up to 127 this morning. Worst fires we have ever had. I feel guilty sitting here and not helping.

Aww glad you're ok on the news here this morning it said 173 people died now it's believed to be arson too aint it my heart goes out to all of you in australia x
  • Options

You're still alive then over there? :p All this stuff on the news it made me think of you! :)
  • Options
    squeal wrote: »
    You're still alive then over there? :p All this stuff on the news it made me think of you! :)

Lol Yeah I'm still alive. No fires where I'm living....I live in Queensland, which is usually hotter because it's more tropical, but for some reason they're having a fucked up heatwave down south. Also cos it's tropical up here, it pisses it down occaisionally, which prevents it from getting dry enough for fires thank fuck.
  • Options
    Lol Yeah I'm still alive. No fires where I'm living....I live in Queensland, which is usually hotter because it's more tropical, but for some reason they're having a fucked up heatwave down south. Also cos it's tropical up here, it pisses it down occaisionally, which prevents it from getting dry enough for fires thank fuck.

Yea Australia has weird climates.
  • Options
    welcome dude. yeah i lived in Toowong 2 years ago just near brisbane for a year and to be honest, wished i never came home! wanna go again but cant get another working visa :(

Queenslands a great place to live!
  • Options
    Alright mate.
    Been here nearly 6 months now, in a town called Mooloolaba in Queensland's Sunshine Coast.

Wow, how random, thats the town/city my mate lives in, hes working as a doc there. Going to visit next year, better be fucking good.

Is it a big city? what town/ city would you compare it to in UK?