Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

night sweats

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i thought this was something that only menopausal women got...

but i keep waking up, with my bed soaked in cold sweat - and before some witty bastard asks if i've pissed myself, no i'm sure that my pillows wouldn't be wet as well.

I don't normally sweat much in the day, a little more than the average girl i think, but not so its vastly noticable, and i always have.

but i'm a bit worried about this, and its making for very uncomfortable nights...

any ideas what it could be, or is it not worth thinking about and will probably go away?

Comments

• Options
    I get the same thing. It's been happening for about 6 months. But I mentioned it to a doctor and she didn't seem concerned.

It can be linked to medication, so in your case I'd guess at the painkillers. :)
  • Options
    yeah i've weened myself off them and haven't taken any for 3 days...

I'm little bit worried cos i was hearing stuff as well...like my mum was in the room...and she's 3000 miles away...could have been just a dream but it was when i was awake...

maybe i've got some kind of bug, my throat is very sore...
  • Options
    Withdrawal? Or it could just be a minor bug.

If you're not having any other weird new symptoms I wouldn't worry about it. And I wouldn't trust the internet, cause it'll tell you you either have AIDS or are going through the menopause.
  • Options
    i did look and i could have cancer or a hormonal problem...

Or i could be slipping into a bad one again, as my fits have increased and i'm having ultra vivid dreams...and i'm not exactly miss ray of sunshine atm...

urgh