Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Change of address - who to tell

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey,

I'm moving flat (yippee) and I was looking for a check list of who I should tell. I've thought of some but I bet I've missed some so any suggestions would be appreciated!

Banks
Benefits
Council
tv license
phone - orange
gas & electric
GP
Hospitals, other health services etc
dentists
friends and family
contents insurance
libraries
old uni for alumni shite they send out
mailing lists I'm on (roh)
cards like store cards

Hmm... so much to do.

Comments

• Options
    DVLA, if you drive.
    Your mum
    Your BF
    The cat
  • Options
    you have to tell the DWP and the job centre separatly...and you might have top tell then hundreds of times...i've lived her nealy 6 months and they are still sending stuff to my old address
  • Options
    Bank
    Passport
    DVLA
    Work (who will inform DWP on your behalf)
    Utilities
    Phone/Sky

Everything else is superfluous, moving is often a good chance to get rid of most of the shit that gets posted through your door.
  • Options
    set up a royal mail redirection whilst you change all of your addresses so all of your mail is forwarded onto your new address. its what i plan on doing. sooo much easier.
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Work (who will inform DWP on your behalf)

Our work won't. All we do is change our records (personal file, comp record, occupational health and payroll systems), tell the pension company and tell the cashback health scheme provider we have.

It's your responsibility to inform the tax office.
  • Options
    Thanks guys.

I don't think telling the doctors is superfluous Whowhere, how would they know where to come in an emergency?!

I don't work so that's all okay, I contacted the dla people and the income support people seperately and the housing benefits department. Thanks, that's given me lots to start on. Lots down, lots more to go.
  • Options
    This has pushed me to look out all the forms I need to change my address with various places.

Just for info, you don't need to tell the passport people - http://www.ips.gov.uk/passport/faqs-general-changeaddress.asp. I thought that one was going to cost a fortune and turns out they're not even bothered!