Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Flats!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Spent the last few days looking around flats, and have found one that is PERFECT. Im so excited!!
I applied for a Community Care Grant this morning, for furniture, and have been told i should know within seven days as i am priority.
So, talk to me about moving out, or post good deals, or tell me if you know of any other grants i could apply for or any rent/deposit schemes in Warwickshire? Tried crisis but the nearest they run is Worcestershire and they said i was too far away.

Thank you x

Comments

• Options
    it all depends on your situation...

have you got kids ?
    have you got a disability?
    are you out of work and if so what benefits are you on...

CAB might be able to tell you better.
  • Options
    it all depends on your situation...

have you got kids ? Nope, im an 18 year old female on my own
    have you got a disability? I suffer from depression and a bad spine but not really. Hmm. To be simple, no.
    are you out of work and if so what benefits are you on...Jobseekers allowance, ive been out of work since April but only started claiming in November.

CAB might be able to tell you better.

Sorry, ditzy moment :P I do plan to talk to CAB but my local one is terrible. I just wondered if anyone on here knew anything, or wanted to share my excitement!
  • Options
    well, the depression and bad spine may count you in for disability living allowance, which inturn means you can get income support instead of JSA, and you get the disability premium on top. that all comes to around £120 a week...

and if you can get DSA (its really hard, i've got several disabilities which you couldn't tell from just looking at me, but lots of documentation to support it, and it took me 6 months to get it, but it is backdated)...then there maybe local support grants...

i'm sure there are links to things i don't know about, i'll let a better informed someone post them!