Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The Pill - Need Some Advice Please?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey Everyone!

My name is Jenna and i am 17 years old.

Before i took the pill, which is called microgynon i was fine with my life, my boyfriend, friends and family. Now ive been taking the pill for 2 months and i feel that im going off them, like losing my feelings for them. It makes me cry because i know i love my friends and family but i know i love my boyfriend to but its just not coming to the front of my mind, i dont want to loose him over it, i just want to get back to normal.

Is it normal to feel like this?

Any help or advice?

Thanks

x

Comments

• Options
    :d

ok thxs help alot :D

thats wat most people have been sayin, got to get to threw my third pak to make my body adjust 2 it!

how long u been on it?

do u feel blank? like no emotions for any1 like friends, family and boyfriend?

wb xx
  • Options
    I hate Microgynon - sent me a bit loopy!! But I know people with NO issues on it.

How about a chat with your nurse?
  • Options
    I've been on it for 6 years and it's not had any major effects on me!
  • Options
    i just feel like thers a blank shield over me, like i no my feelings are at the back of my mind but its like there not cumming 2 da front of my mind you get me?

cuz i no i love my boyfriend loads and i want 2 be wid him, its just i dont wanna loose him over this! and im going to stay with him!

just wish this will go once i have took the last pak and seen my doc :D

thats how i been feeling, you get me?

xx
  • Options
    Microgynon made me all emotional/angry/moody. It was too strong for me definitely. At least you recognise the pill is the reason for your mood and you don't need to make any hasty decisions about your boyfriend. I would just go see the doc as I can't see it calming down loads after another month if it's affecting you this badly.
  • Options
    ive been on this pill since i was 17. im always emotional and get into moods/angry quite easily...could this be why?

have always assumed its my crazy head.
  • Options
    Well I was on the pill for 7 years and in that time I tried 4 different brands. I reacted differently to each one. Lets just say I feel "normal" now I've come off the pill. I feel fine everyday and it's only about 1 day in the month just before my period I might feel a bit low. Mcrogynon made me loopy, loestrin made me moody and low sex drive, yasmin made me really emotional at that time of the month and gave me bad physical symptoms. i feel liberated now i really do.
  • Options
    piecesofme wrote: »
    I've been on it for 6 years and it's not had any major effects on me!

I've been on it 4 years and not had any problems tbh. I do get a little emotional at times but I think that's just being female for you!
  • Options
    The way the pill affected me was sometimes quie intermittent, some months i was ok, some months i couldnt get out of bed because i had the worst migrane and sometimes i would cry and feel angry fo no reason. and because it was so inconsistent i didn't realise it was the pill and its only since i've come off the pill that i've felt completely normal 24/7.
  • Options
    I'm on microgynon and I have noticed that since I've been on it (3 months) I've been a little bit more prone to my old depression and stuff, but given that it's finally regulated my periods I'm currently not complaining.
  • Options
    ok thanks for comments :D

but do u think its the pill? because be4 i was fine with my boyfriend!!

i dont want to loose him!

im not going to loose him anywayz!

i no we stronger than that!

i just want to go back to normal :(

xx
  • Options
    Why not go back to the Dr's and explain this and try another pill.

There are lot's of different pills and sometimes you have to try a few before yo find the one that suits you :)
  • Options
    Hi i went on microgon when 15 had it 1yr it was awful+i piled weight on ad depo injec had coil AWFUL as i got preg +ad miscariage had the implant that was great 1st time had it taken out ad it put bk in after 2nd daughter+it sent me loopy now im sterilized:wave:
  • Options
    So does any1 think i will get back to normal?

because i hope i do :D

i have heard i will, just wantr to get has much advice as i can!

xx
  • Options
    I take norethisterine which is the mini pill and have never had any problems on that although cilest made me unbearable to work with and live with so am so glad I changed to the norethisterine mini pill as my life is much much better now !
  • Options
    Microgynon was a disaster for me, in fact i cant believe i stayed on the bloody thing for 18 months!! i nearly lost my boyfriend, put on weight, became depressive, became angry and distant, cried at the drop of a hat (even when someone was given a round of applause!) and sat around feeling sorry for myself. im now on yasmine, and touch wood its fine. i still get emotional when i have my break, but i was like anyway before i even started the pill. i would stop taking it altogether, but i like choosing when to have my periods (say if im going on holiday) and i dont want to get pregnant!!