Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

how to wear grecian style dresses - HELP!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, so ive bought this dress, buts its black and dark grey striped:
http://www.selectfashion.co.uk/P/Sexy_Drapy_Dress-(1870).aspx
and im not sure what to wear with it....i was thinking just black heels with some silver accessories, or maybe footless tights and some little black heels.
it is flattering for me when its on, cos it looks kinda wierd on the pic, but it plunges quite nicely and shows off my waist, then billows out to be about knee length
any ideas??

Comments

• Options
    don't wear footless tights, go for some black low denier tights, and some punky accessories might look really cool. or go down the whole grecian route, and get a snake necklace or a braclet. don't over bling it though. tartan tights would look uber cool, if you can get some. and some ankle boots or pumps, or simple black heels would work.
  • Options
    I'd quite like it with black footless tights and these kind of shoes http://www.office.co.uk/womens/office/pagasus_lace_up/37/5482/14880/1/ For jewellery a thick gold bangle with a long gold necklace.
  • Options
    Don't wear it with footless tights! Gawd I hate footless tights with a passion...they look good on no one :no:

I like TT's suggestion of tartan tights...that would look fab and liven it up a bit.
    If not then wear black tights with some nice gold jewellry. Topshop has some nice stuff and a nice snake necklace that would go with that!
  • Options
    thanks guys. ive bought some black tights today so im gonna try them with it later. but i dont have any gold stuff, gold jewellery really doesnt suit me+i dont like it on me...so i was thinking a long silver necklace to jazz up the top half a tiny bit, and ive got either some silver heels, or some blakc+grey tartan shoe boots or plain black heels im gonna try it with!
  • Options
    That sounds nice.
  • Options
    I LOVED them shoes they would look gorg with that dress hun x:yes:
  • Options
    cheers guys, im also gonna experiment with usingsafety pins to pin it up at the front so its shorter for clubbing, but still just past my knees at the back, was thinking that'd look quite funky.
    i love those shoes tho, but i have no pennies and tiny size 3 feet, so they really dont suit my feet :(