Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Final fantasy 7

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive been looking for this game for ages, and it proves just how rare it is when I saw it being sold for £99!

Anyway, ill just have to watch ebay and hope.

Anybody have/ had FF7?
Ive never played it, but after seeing advent children and playing crisis core, i'm really annoyed i havent played yet xD

Comments

• Options
    yup, probably my favourite game ever if I really had to choose... got the box somewhere stored away :D

I'm pretty sure it's still available though, in the platinum collection.

yeah - linky. not direct from amazon, looks like they all used too.

think next best in the series is FF9
  • Options
    Ah, ive already tried amazon, i want it bad but the cheapest is £12 with no box, manual or anything, so im not too sure about it.

Lucky you though. The first i got was X-2 and i was addicted, then X, and then i forget what I got after then, except that I just got crisis core for christmas (Zack FTW xD)
  • Options
    £99?? insane.

FF IX is a great game too, that rarely gets any respect.

FFTA & FFT:A2 are my favourites
  • Options
    Never had any tactics advance, but i regularly help my friend on his xD
    I like the thinking side of them.
    Was 9 the online one or was that 11?
    When I got X-2 i couldnt stop playing, i completed it in like two weeks, it really sparked my interest in final fantasy, and im not even sure how I got X-2
  • Options
    Cool. I have that boxed with manual somewhere. Or did I sell it.
  • Options
    I heard they were going to remake FFVII for the PS3, don't know what happened with that though. It was amazing at the time! I've played it on the PC since, and only being able to move in 8 directions is really annoying!
  • Options
    fish94 wrote: »
    Never had any tactics advance, but i regularly help my friend on his xD
    I like the thinking side of them.
    Was 9 the online one or was that 11?
    When I got X-2 i couldnt stop playing, i completed it in like two weeks, it really sparked my interest in final fantasy, and im not even sure how I got X-2

11 was online, I'm supprised you played X-2 first, seeing as it's kind a direct sequal to X! X was good, blitzball wasnt.

12 is good, got it a while ago, not finished it yet though. Still, 9 is excellent!

was very tempted to get a PS3 just so I could play 13 when it comes out... but apparently it's being released for xbox360 too!
  • Options
    No, they were'nt remaking it for ps3, they mad e a tech demo mto show what ps3 was capable of and how it the ramke would be, but tetsuya nomura said thats was it, and they werent actually making it.

Teh linkage

Theres the tech demo.

yeah, I didnt buy it for myself, thats why I played X-2 first.
    Im surprised its the only FF with a direct sequel, isnt it?
  • Options
    Where was it being sold for £99?
    I have every Final Fantasy game, including the subs. I can't wait for FF13 and Versus, it looks amazing. I need to get myself a PS3 first though!

(I also have all the OSTs and Piano music sheets. :D)
  • Options
    All of them?
    Damn you! xD
    Ive already got a ps3, and apparently 13's being held back again.
    /AGAIN/
    /Twitch
    Everyone has been saying the combat system will be bad, but its relativley the smae as 12 and I loved 12's fighting, its much better than the old turn based, or even the ATB (or whatever) from X-2
    EDIT: £99 on amazon, see link in second post, at the bottom of the page.
  • Options
    It was year 2001 when I went FF-crazy. I found 7 very involving. Can I please advise you guys not to give out any spoilers in case readers of this topic haven't yet played the game. The other thing - I played it when my OS was Windows 95. I still have the game but I'm now on XP. Will it run on XP?

FF8 was still a great game in my opinion but not as strong as FF7.

Plus, FF7 is anime where FF8 wasn't :-)
  • Options
    I don't think there's any problem with playing it on XP - it tends to be older games that require full on DOS that I've had problems with on XP. So should be cool.

I think it was 8 that I really enjoyed when it first came around, the one with the school that flew? I'd quite liked 7 but that one blew me away, even if it isn't exactly free roaming - I tend to prefer more of a Fallout, western-style experience in my RPG's.

Having said that I loved the art direction in the one that went back to being anime styled, was it 9? The last one the PSX anyway. Missed it first time round but gave it a try on a emulator after coming across it on Underground Gamer - good times :)

If there is one thing I'm a bit down on though it's random battles. I really don't find that mechanic fun at all. I'm about to give Final Fantasy Tactics A2 a try on the DS... Probably 200 hours gone in no time :)
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    If there is one thing I'm a bit down on though it's random battles. I really don't find that mechanic fun at all. I'm about to give Final Fantasy Tactics A2 a try on the DS... Probably 200 hours gone in no time :)

Tactics is brilliant. did you play the FFTA on the GBA? brilliant game. haven't really got into ffta2 fully, gonna have to restart it when i get time.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I played 7 for the first time recently. Not sure if I liked it more than 10 or the other way around.
  • Options
    Too right it better be worth it xD
    I finall got 7, for something like £32
    now /that/ better be worth it.
    ah the magic of Ebay.