Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

is there such a things as an online PA or somethings?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
cos i need a PA badly!

i've double booked myself three times in the next 10 days, have a huge work load for uni, the society, home stuff, and my various other ventures. I need someone to sit down with me and draw up some kind of schedule...

i'm still on crutches, still in pain, off the painkillers, had someone on the our sister course die on the weekend- i didn't really know him but all the same a bit of a shock, it seems like one of my friends has gone missing.

ok all of this is a bit stressful, but i'm trying to just buckle down and sort it all out, but my brain still feels like its on a codeine comedown 48 hours after i last took some...

Is there some kind of tool i can use online or something to help me sort all this mess out? or do i just need to go see my therapist?

(sorry i kinda spewed this out, and now i'm not sure where to put it...)

Comments

• Options
    Do ya have a gmail account?

Just plug it into calendar.google.com or Microsoft Outlook (what I do, is sync them together, so online I have my calendar + friends + work calendars, and on my PC just mine).

Im sure you've asked before and I've given a similar answer tho!
  • Options
    no i was asking what date was thursday, but you did suggest google calender. I could do that...

does it provide a printable version on google calender?
  • Options
    also needs to be free! i seem to have got most of it done with google calenders, but i've still got about 8 meetings to schedule

and i really want my friend to appear...this isn't like her!
  • Options
    You could try applying to an ad on gumtree.com
    One that is advertised as life coaching or something,
    Then you could be cheeky and ask for a free trial,
    they'll probably ask what you need, then without
    seeming too eager say "oh maybe you could help me,
    draw up a schedule?" Automatically they'll agree after all
    it's a free trial and they want business.

It's just a thought, but I bet it'll work.
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    So you want someone to give up their time, to organise your time, for free?
    yep, thats exactly what i want...

or i might see if i can do a swap with someone, like, i'll give them singing lessons if they can do an hour or so of PAing a week...

that might work...
  • Options
    To be honest you're probably better off getting to grips with something like google calander or outlook calander. Be far more use than an hour or so of PA/singing lesson swap a week.

Did you ever have a needs assessment for DSA stuff? One of the things you can get through that is a study mentor who will sit down with you and go through planning time stuff etc. That said, the best solution I've ever come across ( and that's for myself and two seriously badly organised siblings) is some kind of diary/calander that you take everywhere with you. Be that print outs of electronic ones, a PDA or a good old paper one. Just make sure there's enough space on each day to put the amount of stuff you need to on.
  • Options
    yep, thats exactly what i want...

or i might see if i can do a swap with someone, like, i'll give them singing lessons if they can do an hour or so of PAing a week...

that might work...

That won't work at all. An hour a week won't help you any more than you just doing as Scary Monster says, and carrying a diary round. In fact, it will probably make things worse, as nobody can plan everything for somebody in a week. It needs to be constant. Think realistically here.
  • Options
    tbh, like most things with my uni, the support is crap. I'm gonna see if i can find an outside mentor, i kinda wanted my IT trainer to be my mentor but he asked his boss (who do the DSA assesments), and even though its part of his job, hes not allowed to do both. I need a mentor or something, but the uni seem to think that mentoring and councilling are the same thing....grrrr!

Thus i should be seeing the dyslexia study skills support person, but i know the general skills, and she isn't subject spesific...thus kinda usless...

i think i need to start getting my metaphorical megaphone out and do some shouting again...
  • Options
    Have you seen the study skillls support person? Some of the uni ones are flexible about using the sessions for what you need, I know mine would be more than happy to do time management stuff with me, and was keen to until she met my PDA obsession.
  • Options
    i have, and she's not that flexible at all, she just looks at your report and tells you the program she wants me to follow...
  • Options
    Hmmmmm.

To be honest my best suggestion would be to sit down with either google calander, outlook or a diary, or even a note book that you write dates across the top of each page of and just write down everything you're doing in there.

And I mean everything, all your lectures, classes, regular society meetings, soaps you watch regularly and keep it with you most places you go. Then write on your hand anything that you decide to do when you don't have it with you and write it in.