Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What is the oldest age to be ID'd?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
I bought some bacardi breezers from Sainsbury's today and was asked to provide ID. I am 30. The cashier thought that I have just turned 18 so I took that as a huge compliment :-)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hahaha, I get ID'd ALL the time. I don't look 25, nor feel it tbh. Everyone thinks I look at most 19, gotta love them genes. ;)
  • Options
    I know someone's who's 30 odd and upon going to buy alcohol, didnt have any ID so they refused her and she had to call someone up to bring her some. She is very tiny tho so she looks young.

There have been reports tho that 70 and 80 year olds haven't been able to buy alcohol cos they didnt have ID even tho they're clearly over 18!!

Tis annyoing tho.
  • Options
    Monserrat wrote: »
    I bought some bacardi breezers from Sainsbury's today and was asked to provide ID. I am 30. The cashier thought that I have just turned 18 so I took that as a huge compliment :-)

I think the biggest point here is not that you got id'd, but that you were buying BACARDI BREEZERS?! Are you 15? :p
  • Options
    I've been buying breezers since 1999 and I definitely wasn't aged 5 then!
  • Options
    I've read stories of elderly people being ID'd. I was ID'd last year at the age of 24 I was at the party of an 18 year old and I think they were just making sure but I don't look underage argh! :lol:.
  • Options
    I know a man who lives in America who is about 40 and got ID'd last year.

:lol: @ GoodFella.
  • Options
    I got ID'd when I was 25 for some ciggarettes. Not my fault i have a baby face :D
  • Options
    i got ID'd when i was 21 for a movie rated 15!
  • Options
    I was IDd buying wine in Marks and Spencer last time I was in the UK - I'm 26. My sister is 31 and got IDd in Tesco. ha ha. She was quite annoyed though.
  • Options
    I was asked when I got on the bus if that would be a child's ticket I needed (aged 16 and below I think...).. this was not long ago when I was 21 :o
  • Options
    Haha shouldve said yes to that one, looking young has it's advantages!
  • Options
    I was asked when I got on the bus if that would be a child's ticket I needed (aged 16 and below I think...).. this was not long ago when I was 21 :o

Ah yes Rachael. I once had a child bus faire when I was aged 25. I normally just ask for my stop, then the driver decided to issue out a child ticket for that one time.
  • Options
    Ah yes Rachael. I once had a child bus faire when I was aged 25. I normally just ask for my stop, then the driver decided to issue out a child ticket for that one time.

I really really should have abused it! Instead I just must have looked annoyed because he gave me an adult ticket.
  • Options
    I got ID'd in Asda buying koppaberg, when i was 25! The women said i only looked about 16...then had to count on her fingers how old i was when i gave her my driving licence, before she said, "oh yes you are 25 aren't you!" :banghead:

When i worked i sainsburys i ID'd someone buying cigarettes, when the age was still 16, he looked horrified and turned out t be 25 :blush:
  • Options
    I remember asking for an adult fare when I was 16 and the driver only charged me for a child fare hehe.
  • Options
    On the opposite end, my dad just loves when he goes somewhere an old student of his is and gets the senior discount, even though hes 12 (or is it or is it 7? I forget the senior age) years too young, but my boyfriends dad, who is old enough, gets really offended and will not take the discount :p
  • Options
    My dad can't wait to be 60 to get a free bus pass (he's 59 this year)
  • Options
    i've only even been ID'd getting into this pub near me that IDs everyone...

i feel old...
  • Options
    i went to see mamma mia and the guy asked how old i was.. er.. it's a p fucking g, surely i look old enough for that?! maybe he was just trying to work out if i wanted a child's ticket or not but im 23... wasnt impressed!
  • Options
    I'm 23 soon and was asked for ID in a supermarket while buying beer (which is legal at 16(!)). The cashier even got out of her stool and went to the other cashier and whispered something in her ear. She was given the answer, "I don't know." (so she was asking if she thinks I'm old enough). So they probably both thought I'm somewhere in my teens, or at least were unsure.

what the hell
  • Options
    I was asked for ID in the local Spar shop when buying a Lotto scratchcard at Christmas. I'm 24, nearly 25. The assistant who asked is the newest one there - all the others have seen me growing up, from being in a pram with my mum to now. Eventually she asked the other assistant serving if she knew me - that one turned out to be a girl five years younger than me who I'd mentored at secondary school!!
  • Options
    Hi in supermarkets 25yr i get ask +im 24yr+i work in PUB ha ha it is suprising tho i have ask for people ids obv +it is suprising
  • Options
    Aj fan wrote: »
    Hi in supermarkets 25yr i get ask +im 24yr+i work in PUB ha ha it is suprising tho i have ask for people ids obv +it is suprising

How have you got away with this 'text talk' stuff for so long? Everyone else that tries it, gets jumped on! :p
  • Options
    I'm only 18 so I get ID'd all the time. My friend from work is nearly 33 and she still gets ID'd. In fairness, when we first met, I thought she was only about 19 or 20 lol.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    How have you got away with this 'text talk' stuff for so long? Everyone else that tries it, gets jumped on! :p

Hi sorry about having to use text talk sometimes i got internet on my phone i have be quick otherwise i get disconected+cant submit comment sorry ill try not to do it :yes:
  • Options
    turned 30 last week, got id'd at the weekend...
  • Options
    When I was 23/24 I got asked for ID when buying fags! I look my age and asked the woman "Do 15 year olds have this much stubble?". She was like "Well you can't tell these days" lol.
  • Options
    I'm 18, but I've only been IDd for alcohol the once, never for cigs, and about 4 times since I turned 18 for clubs. One time I was in ASDA, and a guy in front of me was at least 65, he was buying a bottle of whiskey and he got ID'd for it. I, at the time was only 16 (I still don't say I even look 18 now, let alone what I looked when I was 16!) had a bottle of Vodka in my hands, and I never got ID'd. I think they were just taking the piss though at the old guy :D

One time too one of my ex-teachers went into ASDA for cigs, I went in with him to get some for a friend (Who knew she wouldn't get served.), the teacher is 25, he looks at least 21, though he got ID'd, had to go get it from the car. This was only last year so I was 17, I never got ID'd that time either.

(I've always been worried about buying stuff underage or going into clubs underage, I never went into my first club until about 2 weeks before my 18th :p, I only bought cigs (Though at the time it was legal.) and the odd times for alcohol. but not alot.)