Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Advice Needed About Age Gap

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im New On This Site But I Need Advice

Basicly Theres This Girl I Like But She Is Only 14 And I Am 17

My Family Wouldnt Let Me See Her If They Found Out

I Dont Know What To Do

I Wanna Get With Her She Is Amazing But It Would Cause Trouble She Wouldnt Get Any Trouble From It Just Me An I Being Selfish By Puttin Off Gettin With Her Because Of The Trouble Ill Get

Any Advice Is Much Apreashiated (Bad Spelling Because I'm Dsylexic Sorry)

Comments

• Options
    I'd wait until she was a bit older mate, you'd be attracting all sorts of unwanted attention
  • Options
    Your writing is very hard to read.

How soon is it until she is 15? I don't see it as too much of a problem. That is only because I was with someone for a while when I was 15 and the other person was 17. It didn't cause any problems for us.
  • Options
    as long as youre not having sex then i dont see the prob. Its not that big an age gap
  • Options
    BenJack_x wrote: »
    Im New On This Site But I Need Advice

Basicly Theres This Girl I Like But She Is Only 14 And I Am 17

My Family Wouldnt Let Me See Her If They Found Out

I Dont Know What To Do

I Wanna Get With Her She Is Amazing But It Would Cause Trouble She Wouldnt Get Any Trouble From It Just Me An I Being Selfish By Puttin Off Gettin With Her Because Of The Trouble Ill Get

Any Advice Is Much Apreashiated (Bad Spelling Because I'm Dsylexic Sorry)

If you were with her, would you be able to control your urge to have sex with her? If not, stay well away because you will break the law and if found out, get put on the sex offenders register.
  • Options
    if i was with her i wouldnt mind not sleeping with her its just my mum and step dad wouldnt like it at all my brother is only 14 and she is 15 in august when i turn 18
  • Options
    Well, rightly or wrongly, it sounds like you may be causing some real issues with the people around you.

The additional pressure of hiding your relationship and then maybe having to face the shit when they found out, will not make your relationship easy or enjoyable.

On the flip side, at your age and while you are still dependant on your family, being out and confrontational with them won't be easy either. It's hard to go out with someone when the relationship is not accepted by the family.

Look, she's 14. She ain't going nowhere. Why not maintain the friendship but wait at least another year for her to grow and mature in herself?
  • Options
    If you really like this girl then get with her but u'd have to wait 2 years or so.
  • Options
    we had an arguement about it and she isnt talking to me now its reasonable upsetting she didnt listen to my side of the story because she kept sayin she doesnt care bout what my family think but i do
  • Options
    BenJack_x wrote: »
    we had an arguement about it and she isnt talking to me now its reasonable upsetting she didnt listen to my side of the story because she kept sayin she doesnt care bout what my family think but i do
    ... which kinda implies that perhaps she isn't yet mature enough to handle this relationship? With a bit more life experience, she would have handled this better. I hate to say it, dude, but I think you may be better off not being in a relationship with her yet. :blush:
  • Options
    yee im thinkin that myself now dude gonna get out on the town on da weekend meet some birds my age lol i sorta seeing it in a different light now we had an arguement was stupid to think she was different from other girls her age i feel like an idiot now haha well cheers for all ya help guys