Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Problem with hip/leg.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The past few weeks I've started 'briskly' walking a lot more to try and shed the excess weight hanging around my legs, but unfortunately there seems to be something wrong with my left hip now!

Sometimes it's fine, sometimes it's not, but quite often when I walk or run (and especially when I pivot or turn on that leg) it hurts. A lot. I'm not sure what's wrong with it; it feels like the joint, but I feel it more around the back of the leg and my bum than I do the side or front of the leg.

If it doesn't improve, I'll go to the doctors, but I'm just curious to see if anyone's experienced something similar. Could it just be down to the fact that I never really exercise and have suddenly been pushing myself too hard for my body to keep up? I'm not physically unfit or obese, I'm just one heck of a couch-potato. :blush:

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Kee :wave:

It's very hard to say what would be causing you to feel pain in your hip. We think it's great that you want to keep fit and are motivated to do so, but you really need to seek some advice from your Doctor.

Keep posting and we hope that your hip gets better soon. :)