Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

how can i improve my looks ( pic )

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
everybody says im ugly and i think it too. i have a few spots on my cheeks, forhead and chin but im trying to clear them up atm. i've never had a boyfriend and even boys say i look like a boy and so do girls.

how can i improve my looks to make me happier and have more confidence ?

im the one on the right

Comments

• Options
    You look like a girl to me. You're very pretty.
  • Options
    aw this post makes me heart ache a little bit, it totally reminds me of how i felt when i was at school and was your age! i thought i was so ugly and that i looked like a boy too. and the only thing that helped me really was time :/ as i got older i realised i wasnt as monsterous as i thought i was.

anyway i know its probably not what you want to hear but you look absolutely fine. pretty. you have lovely hair :]
  • Options
    aw this post makes me heart ache a little bit, it totally reminds me of how i felt when i was at school and was your age! i thought i was so ugly and that i looked like a boy too. and the only thing that helped me really was time :/ as i got older i realised i wasnt as monsterous as i thought i was.

anyway i know its probably not what you want to hear but you look absolutely fine. pretty. you have lovely hair :]
    Oh god same here!
    I think it's quite normal when you're that age to be a bit uncomfortable with your look but over time it doesn't get better. At 24 I still look at myself occasionally and think "oh god" but on a whole I feel a lot more confident with my looks than I did in high School
  • Options
    its a rite of passage. I spent the whole time at school being told and believing i was the ugliest monster to ever walk this earth.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    You are a pretty lass. Just be who you are. :)
  • Options
    A bit of slap would help; you look a bit pasty.
    I reckon a different hair style would also help; it's a bit flat and lifeless.

Oh and the school uniform is hardly becoming!! hehe.
  • Options
    You have a lovely smile. And kind eyes.

And welcome. :)

Best,
    Poppi
  • Options
    I don't think you look like a boy at all, and I quite like your hair, I wish my fringe would do that kinda sweepy thing. I wouldn't worry, I remember getting dead worried about how I looked at school, I think everyone does. You could go for make-up but it's a hassle, and I think the easiest way to try and look prettier is to smile more. You always find pretty girls are the ones with happy smiley faces.
  • Options
    I know you probably can't wear any makeup for school, but you can do something to your hair. It's lovely hair but if it had a bit more volume from some soft curls, it will frame your face far better. Also, your hair colour is ideal to put some light colour touches to it and give it less of a 'monotone' look.

You can tell I'm gay, yeah? :)
  • Options
    I think you look pretty as you are, like the hair and there certainly isn't anything wrong with your skin. I'd try improving your confidence rather than your looks. Try taking up a martial art or joining a club in something you are good at/interested in that will help you brush off other people's twatty comments. Confidence shows too, so the more confident you are, the more attractive you will appear to be.

x
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    I know you probably can't wear any makeup for school, but you can do something to your hair. It's lovely hair but if it had a bit more volume from some soft curls, it will frame your face far better. Also, your hair colour is ideal to put some light colour touches to it and give it less of a 'monotone' look.

You can tell I'm gay, yeah? :)
    I agree with this. Although perhaps you could get away with a bit of mascara to make your eyes stand out a bit and maybe get your eyebrows shaped a bit so that they frame your face a bit more. Your skin looks pretty good to me - I've most definitely seen worse :). I think you're pretty though, although I think you should show your teeth when you smile - it's almost always more flattering (my sister never used to show her teeth when she smiled in photos and it looked so fake, then she started smiling properly and the difference was amazing).

I think you should take katralla's advice though, if you don't think you're pretty then it shows and nobody else will either. Confidence is the key, and it's also pretty easy to fake it until you get it for real.

Hope you feel better about yourself soon x
  • Options
    your hair would look lovlay with some thin blonde streaks, natural looking ones mind!

but you look fine as you are!!! not ugly in the slightest

I wasnt the "popular" or "fit" one at school, and since leaving, i've had quite a few lads confess that they actually fancied me despite being them treating me like i had the lurgi!!!

I know it doesnt seem it now, but in a few years you wont give a shit what idiots at school think, especially not when you see them round town and they've put 3 stone on, got a kid, greasy hair and wearing a trackie!!!

Chin up x
  • Options
    Just a little story here for you that you may want to take note of or not but anyway...

i was out of school for nearly 3 years, and when i went back, i had load of piercings, wasn't used to wearing a uniform (and they are fucking ugly things, no matter what high street designers do, school uniforms will forever remain horrible), wasn't used to being in school, and having rules put on me.

so i walked in there, being fat (i was about a size 16 and i'm only 5'1 )short and a goth into an essex comprehencive, where i knew no one. I did everything i could to make myself look cool in my eyes (all pretty much within the school's uniform policy and it was really strict) and i got so much stick from the girls and the guys. it pushed my already very low self esteem even lower, and i felt like the uglyist girl there. But when i finished year 11 and moved to london, i very quickly realised that i wasn't ugly, i lost a lot of weight, and i realised that beauty really really really isn't what you look like on the outside. I met this girl on the tube one evening, she was facialy disfigured from birth, but she told me what she was doing with her life- going to work with kids in asia and africa with facial disfigurments from birth or war, and how far she'd come, and how nice it was that i was actually talking to her without previously knowing her, because people normally got freaked by her face (it wasn't horrifying but it looked painful and sore, she had several growths and she had just had resent surgury on it so it was healing and didn't look good). I felt that she was a beautiful person for overcoming adversity, and being so selfless by going and giving up what she had in britain to go work with these kids that were being ostrasized by their communities because of their faces, free of charge with the help of a charity. i think beauty is your spirit not your face/body etc...

you are very pretty from that photo so keep smiling, and be beautiful from within, and if some twats at school can't see it, then they are blind, hunny!

keep your chin up, give me a PM if you want
  • Options
    You do not need to improve your looks at all.

About a month ago I thought I looked terrible, and I came on here and asked some people what they thought, now I just ignore everyone.

You really are beautiful and everyone else who has said the same is speaking the truth. You are NOT ugly and you never will. Beauty is what you make it and you have the path to true beauty take it hunni.

I have attached a picture of me, and you will see that you are good looking. (Admitidly everyone is compared to me) but you really are.

Tom x
  • Options
    everybody says im ugly and i think it too. i have a few spots on my cheeks, forhead and chin but im trying to clear them up atm. i've never had a boyfriend and even boys say i look like a boy and so do girls.

how can i improve my looks to make me happier and have more confidence ?

im the one on the right

Bear in mind you're still only a 'child' (in the way that you have a lot of growing to do and your looks will alter in time). At 34 I'm probably old enough to be your father so I am not going to comment on your looks other than you look very normal and have got nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    You look fine - really nice hair cut - I'd say going mutli-toned Blonde would suit you and also darker more defined eyebrows..

or work with your skin colouring and go more red like this

http://blogsimages.skynet.be/images/002/580/524_746607a4acc670f67853d3a9f64678de.jpg

Main thing is you hair isn't all the same colour and you don't do one of those cheap home hair colouring hair do's

I'd try on some different coloured wigs and see what you look like with a different hair colour before committing to anything but a change of colour is the only suggestion I'd make.

The following sites are interesting - shows how different people can look with a change of hair colour

http://anetnelly.blog.cz/0805/kratke-nebo-dlouhe-kudrnate-rovne-blond-nebo-brunet

http://www.people.com/people/gallery/0,,20177949_2,00.html
  • Options
    You always find pretty girls are the ones with happy smiley faces.

That is THE best ever advice I have heard! And Tom believe me 5-10 years time and you'll be the stud you're dreaming of being lol you will be a very handsome man, you are handsome now(promise!) but obviously still got growing up to do!

Original poster, you will be so shocked when you reach 19/20 at how much you have changed...

Wish i had some pics on comp of me as a teen to show you my difference!!
  • Options
    When I started secondary school I had a 'dull' look, But now I've gain a load of style (Around Year 10/11) Now I'm happy with my hair and get called a tart by friends and family. :D

Not sure if I'm going to post a pic just yet!
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote: »
    Not sure if I'm going to post a pic just yet!

Oh come on. :p
  • Options
    I'll wait for popular demand ;)

But the question is, what do you think I look like :D
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote: »
    I'll wait for popular demand ;)

But the question is, what do you think I look like :D

Orphan Annie? :)

4472v1annie_1.png
  • Options
    tom5 wrote: »
    You do not need to improve your looks at all.

About a month ago I thought I looked terrible, and I came on here and asked some people what they thought, now I just ignore everyone.

You really are beautiful and everyone else who has said the same is speaking the truth. You are NOT ugly and you never will. Beauty is what you make it and you have the path to true beauty take it hunni.

I have attached a picture of me, and you will see that you are good looking. (Admitidly everyone is compared to me) but you really are.

Tom x

If i looked like that at your age, i would not be worried about my looks whatsoever!
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    Orphan Annie? :)

4472v1annie_1.png

Oh no! You found my picture :flirt:
  • Options
    Well you first need to tell me what planet your from. You see on this planet. Earth third from the sun in the sol system. YOUR NOT UGLY.

Your not drop dead gorgeous. you are definately ABOVE the middle average thats for sure.

IGNORE THEM. you think your ugly because your TOLD your ugly so you now believe it OR you strive for "fake" gorgeous from magazines.

Ignore them you look just fine to me and likely to most any other people as well.
  • Options
    six inch heels, leach blonde hair, leather mini skirt....that should do it for ya ;-)
  • Options
    From what ive learnt its not what you look like its whats inside that counts XD

black eye liner is nice though.
  • Options
    Tom what wrong with you ur gorg love ur pic +beauty is inside :wave:
  • Options
    Trying to think of a way to shorten your name cos that is too much to type lol Hope you don't mind me asking but how old are you? (you don't have to say!)

I really like your hair, its a nice reddish brown colour and it's styled really well :cool:

Please try not to worry too much about how you look, youre still growing and changing and what you look like now is nothing to how you will look in 3 years time. The best thing you can do is be confident and happy, enjoy yourself, keep good friends around you x

Saying all that when I was at school I hated the way I looked and got teased a lot. I didn't really have the skills to make myself look any nicer by doing my hair or whatever - I would have just looked even more dorky! :D

Somethings it might be worth giving a try if you are really desperate to change your look: a bit of mascara will enhance your eyes and make your lashes longer - definitely a girly enhancing thing imo careful though or you'll become addicted to wearing it and now I don't like to leave the house without mascara lol
  • Options
    im 15