Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

chinese new year 26th January

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I wondered how we all celebrate chinese new year? Do you go out? I have bought some food to celebrate at home this year being that money is tight all around. What is your favourite dish of chinese food? I like noodles and rice the best and the starters. Do we all know what animal we are this year?:chin:

Comments

• Options
    All I know is that I was born in the year of the rat.

Hey! Who just said "how very appropriate" in the background?
  • Options
    Erm, I don't. I'm not Chinese. I might've celebrated by getting a Chinese, but they're the only takeaway that's shut.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    All I know is that I was born in the year of the rat.

Hey! Who just said "how very appropriate" in the background?

me too!!
  • Options
    I think it's the year of the Ox. I don't really do anything to celebrate it, although I'm always happy to go to the fab Chinese bakery to get some custard tarts
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Don't celebrate it.

Although, as it is pay day and first pay day since well before Christmas so I may just have a little flutter on something yummy for dinner.
  • Options
    Having the usual massive dinner with all the family on sunday 25th, i.e. New Years Eve. NYD got a half day off so gonna bring some chinese food into the office in the afternoon :)
  • Options
    From Wiki, it is the year of the Ox. There is also a Chinese horoscope, where time goes on a 60-year cycle. There are the 12 animals that we already know and 5 elements. That creates 60 permuations. Instead of this year simply being the year of the Ox, it should be the year of the Earth Ox, Earth being the element in use at the moment.
  • Options
    I don't celebrate it but I think i might go along to the parade they have in Newcastle's China Town (I saw pics of it last year and it looked quite good).
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I don't celebrate it but I think i might go along to the parade they have in Newcastle's China Town (I saw pics of it last year and it looked quite good).

Usually is!
  • Options
    Apperantly I am an Ox. Sure beats the hell out of any other astrology for me ... a cancerious crab :yeees:
  • Options
    Don't celebrate it, why would i?