Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cleanse, Tone & Moisturize.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Who C, T & M's twice-daily every day?
What type of skin do you have?
What products do you use?

Just being nosey y'see :D

Comments

• Options
    Hi my fave poster my skin good occ couple spots time of mth tho i use philosaphy get in selifridges exfolite 2x a wk +then cleanse wash+mosturizer 2x day with it my mum got it me few mth bk +it great before that liz earle 2x day cleanse+polish then 2toner +mos u get that qvc it expensive it last months u get big bottles +always 2 in set:wave:
  • Options
    I do usually, I've been a bit lazy recently though.

I have really sensitive, combination skin. I use Clean & Clear cleanser for sensitive skin, Boots own-brand toner, and a water-based moisturiser by Biotherm.
  • Options
    I'm a bit rubbish at this...I generally just wash my face with a face wash and then slap a bit of moisutriser on.

I am getting better though, if I do it it tends to be a night. I use Urban Retreat moisturising cleanser then wash that off with some water, then I put Urban Retreat hydrating mask on to leave over night. It's really, really good. Once the mask has dried I rub a little bit of moisturiser into it and you wake up with super soft skin :yes:
  • Options
    Night time -I always take my make-up off with Johnsons's face wipe with extra vit C for sensitive/dry skin. That's it!

Morning - I don't do anything! I just have a shower and let the water run over my face. Occassionally I might wash with some facial cream I have lying around (I have a dior one at the moment) but that's only if I feel my face is a bit dirty - maybe if I've been out clubbing.

Then I moisturise with Neutrogina for dry skin.

I never get any spots so I feel that this routine is enough for me :)
  • Options
    I've got very very dry and slightly sensitive skin. I'm a bit bad, and don't do it twice a day, but my skin dries out if i cleanse too much. i normally wash my face every morning with some soap and glory stuff...and just wash it off with warm water in the shower, and then put on some skin shangi la from lush...its the best moisturiser i've found, and it should be at £25 a pot...started using vitimin E toner tabs as well from lush...they are very very nice...:D
  • Options
    I don't do it twice a day but do try to do it every night. I chop and change the products I use as I love trying new stuff...at the moment I'm using some Amie cleansing lotion, it's like a cleanser and toner in one, with Quickies eye make-up remover pads and then Aldi's moisturising cream which is actually really good and a bargain at £2 or so! I try to use eye cream as well when I remember, got a Garnier one...trying to keep the crow's feet at bay...quite often I'll exfoliate in the shower or use a face mask too, I love all that pampering stuff. I got a bit lazy a while back and just used face wipes all the time but I don't think they're actually that effective at removing make-up. I certainly find there's more make-up on my cotton wool pad when I remove it with a proper cleanser than there is on a face wipe, so some must get left on the skin which can't be good.
  • Options
    Face wipes (I like the Johnson's ones, but tbh generally get whatever's on offer) once a day, and moisturise and/or scrub whenever it looks like it needs it. That's it.

I have dry/sensitive skin which behaves itself so much better since I've stopped doing so much to it! And I also try to avoid getting water on it cause that dries my skin out like crazy.
  • Options
    Olive wrote: »
    Face wipes (I like the Johnson's ones, but tbh generally get whatever's on offer) once a day, and moisturise and/or scrub whenever it looks like it needs it. That's it.

I have dry/sensitive skin which behaves itself so much better since I've stopped doing so much to it! And I also try to avoid getting water on it cause that dries my skin out like crazy.

that's exactly the same as me. As soon as I get out of the shower my face feels really tight and goes red so I have to moisturize straight away.
  • Options
    Proactive system. Scrub, toner and moisturizer. Nothing fancy. I used to use anything and then went thru the 20something puberty acne freakout but its amazing shit I must give it that. :p
  • Options
    My skin is normal, I wash it with water in the morning and wear whatever cream is handy (I use 2 creams mainly, I don't know the names, but they both have SPF). In the evening if I take make up off I use baby wipes (as they're always on special offer :D ) and use nivea. I occassionally exfoliate. The only thing I won't be casual about is SPF, even during the winter.
  • Options
  • Options
    I have spf 15 in my moisturizer and foundation.
  • Options
    I use Semi Chems Cherish wipes to clean off my slap, then I use Boots Skin Clear cleanser and toner and their blackhead cleanser do-da, then moisturise with Johnson's Baby Soothing Natural Moisturising Lotion.

Hahaha, that was so American Psycho.
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    I use Semi Chems Cherish wipes to clean off my slap, then I use Boots Skin Clear cleanser and toner and their blackhead cleanser do-da, then moisturise with Johnson's Baby Soothing Natural Moisturising Lotion.

Hahaha, that was so American Psycho.

Mrs Bateman?
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Mrs Bateman?

I'd actually abuse myself happily with a wire hanger if it allowed me to be closer to Christian Bale. :razz:
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    I'd actually abuse myself happily with a wire hanger if it allowed me to be closer to Christian Bale. :razz:

Agreed, that man in that film is just :love:

http://www.bennadel.com/resources/uploads/christian_bale_in_american_psycho.jpg

sorry kind of hijacked the thread :blush:
  • Options
    I have strange skin, i used to think i had oily/t-zone skin, but later found out that it is actually pretty sensitive.

I tend to cleanse, tone and moisturise once a day to avoid my skin playing up, but if i have something that requires make up in the evening i end up doing it three times (not very often though) and use a heavier cream at night.

I've tried quite a few brands but have settled on La Mer for the past two years, pretty expensive but nothing else makes my skin look as good. I use the cleansing gel, regular toner, the scrub (when my face feels like it needs it), the eye concentrate (which i guess is a serum) and three of the moisturisers...the lotion, gel and cream (although i love the cream the most). And i need to start using the serum for my face when i move my bum to go buy more!

Overall would DEFINITELY recommend La Mer if you have the cash to spare.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Agreed, that man in that film is just :love:

http://www.bennadel.com/resources/uploads/christian_bale_in_american_psycho.jpg

sorry kind of hijacked the thread :blush:

Sigh, he gives me a semi. :heart:
  • Options
    Tend to use lancome stuff cos its good for my skin, to be honest i only ever cleanse my face when im in the bath or taking make up on, but try to put moisturizer on twice a day
  • Options
    this is my stash

regular face wash- body shop tea tree oil facial wash
    to get make up off- olay gentle cleanser conditioning milk
    exfoliator - good ole' st ives apricot scrub
    moisturiser- simple light hydrating moisturiser