Home Student Life & Education
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

That dreaded pattern of self destruct..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When you have less then 2 weeks until the date of your exams and the last thing you want to do is open your texts book because you know you find it really hard.

Just revise woman:banghead:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I kn ow, I know. And GET OFF THESITE! But, ho hum, procrastination playtime.
    Are you to revise as well katralla?
    No revision fortunately, just three assignments to write... :( What are your exams on?
    Eurgh, I've got assignments/presentations/exams/electives all to sort out as well as beginning placements again and all the crappy assessment documents that come with them. Tis never ending!

My exams are on pathology and pharmacology :(
    Never ending indeed, and my brain has been fryed by the festive season too! such bad timing, these exams/assignments etc.
    Why do they do it to us?!
    Punishment for being such wonderful people.
    I've just started an assignment today which is due in on Monday. I have left it until last minute as I don't understand it. Then have another one to finish off. I've had three to do over Christmas, such fun.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I hate uni work :(:(
    Path and Pharm? Ouch :(

I had exams a month ago (feels like an age ago now!) when you reach the home stretch it feels so near yet so far - keep going, it feels like hell now but it will be over soon!
    Curvy_lass wrote: »
    When you have less then 2 weeks until the date of your exams and the last thing you want to do is open your texts book because you know you find it really hard.

Just revise woman:banghead:

I know the feeling. Except I have less than 4 days :( *hugs*
    Shit innit?!
    I always leave my revision til the last minute too :( Suddenly Hollyoaks becomes very interesting, then Eastenders then other things... and my textbooks get all neglected lol!
    *joins the club*

I need to finish an assignment before tomorrow evening so I don't have to stay at home until midnight but nooooo. I'm procrastinating and feeling sorry for myself. First assignment of the year and he drops a 2x group assignment on us! I'm SO not back in gear for uni.
    I have just handed in the most embarrassing thing ever. and, although I have two more assignments to do before Friday, here I am again, staring at a wall. whoops.
    it's very easily done unfortunately :(

the more you procrastinate, the worse you feel, the more you put it off. get stuck in now, no matter how late it is, and you will be better off for it!

as hard as it is, in future try to make a start early to avoid the issue (unfortunately something I've never quite managed!)
    3000 words essay due in 3pm tomorrow and about half done :(
    I have all mine done now :D I just have my last 2000 word one to hand in on Thursday. I think I have done pretty rubbish in them all though tbh.
    I handed the worst piece of work in ever yesterday, it felt greattttttttt :rolleyes:
    Oh dear JsT!

I did a 7hr revision stint today - working in a group is so much better!!
    Groups help so much with motivation, no matter what it relates to in life!

Im this evening helping someone with advice and the knowledge I have in regards to my new employer. My friend is doing a public services course, and since I have a lot of things fresh in my mind from having to remember them to get accepted etc, thought I'd give him a hand.
    It also helps being at a friends house..can relax, make brews, have a giggle whilst working and studying!
    I always leave things till the last minute :(

I had an assignement that was set 6 months ago and was due 5th of Jan...when did I decide to start it...the week before christmas :rolleyes:

Although it was my last ever assignment..woop!
    MrG wrote: »
    Groups help so much with motivation, no matter what it relates to in life!

Im this evening helping someone with advice and the knowledge I have in regards to my new employer. My friend is doing a public services course, and since I have a lot of things fresh in my mind from having to remember them to get accepted etc, thought I'd give him a hand.

That's really nice of you MrG.

Fancy coming round tomorrow and giving me a hand with Financial Management and Financial Reporting? I just need motivation.

I think it's harder to distract yourself with the internet if you're actually doing groupwork though.
    The lad in question isnt the brightest tool in the shed, and thats coming from his own mouth. He doesnt half work bloody hard though, and thats why i dont mind helping him.