Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Life's been better than this...

I haven't posted anything in this section of the boards for quite a long time. I'm not sure why, I suppose things just haven't been that eventful for me. I don't even know why for sure I'm posting this, but here goes. I've got a situation that I'm really struggling with right now. It's about my grandad. He's been ill for several months now. I knew there was something wrong with him, having seen him a couple of times, but I've not dared to ask what - mainly because I dreaded knowing what the answer might be.

It got a whole lot more complicated this morning. He ended up having a fall whilst he was going to the downstairs toilet at his house. Grandma, not knowing what to do, called my dad at work, and he ended up going over there. My grandad was taken to a local hospital this afternoon, and they're keeping an eye on him at the moment. Around 6pm tonight, my mum called myself and my brother into a meeting. I was then told that my grandad has actually got bowel cancer, and it's spread to his liver. Doctors say that he's very unlikely to live out this month. I knew things were bad, but... well, this was a complete surprise.

We've been told that the next time we go and see him, it could well be the last time we ever do. There's no question that I'm going to go and see him - the only thing that I don't know yet is when. I will most likely do it either tomorrow or Friday. I don't know yet, as I need to speak to my dad beforehand and he's currently in the hospital himself. And given that my dad turns 50 on Friday, I can't help but think this is a particularly cruel twist of fate.

I don't really know what I'm asking here. I don't even know what to think of it myself. But if anyone does have anything they'd like to say, I'd be eternally grateful. xx
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear about your grandad. I think it's good you're getting a chance to see him.
  • Options
    Aww hun hope u ok aww he in best place he didnt want to scare u or worry you if u want to talk im a excelent listiner x:wave: :heart: p.s my fela nan pass away last yr threw cancer i know what ur feeling+i was v close to her x
  • Options
    I'm so sorry SG :(
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Sorry to hear that mate. :( In a slightly similar way I'm going through the same thing, its not good. :(
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that mate. :( In a slightly similar way I'm going through the same thing, its not good. :(

Jst so sorry to hear that too x:heart:
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that SG :(. And JsT too. *hugs for both*
  • Options
    Oh guys...Huge hugs for you both (((hugs))) xx
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about your situation. These types of things happen to everyone as we get older. Go and see him as much as you can its really the only thing you can do.
  • Options
    That sounds like a really quite similar situation my family was in in 2001 - there is nothing you can do but say goodbye and DO NOT be mortual when you go and see him, just treat him like grandad.

Your dad will need a bit of suppourt too especially on his birthday so go for a walk with him or something him and his dad did together and remind him of what he had and what he has.

Thoughts are with you buddy :)