Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok feelin bit down,ive had two serious relationships, one producing my son who i love to bits,these relationships came to an end cos of personal differences, in the end i ended up following my heart cos i felt something wasn't right and that was the fair thing to do,but now im the lonely one and i feel that i may have missed my chance at love.Is it natures way of teaching me a lesson ,will i ever be happy again ,pathetic i know!:(

Comments

• Options
    If you chose to end a relationship because you felt something wasnt right, then you most likely have done the right thing.

Sure you will be happy again, but it might be harder to be if you stay on a downer. When relationships end people often get a bit depressed about it, but get yourself over it (eventually) and take pride in yourself rather than having to live up to what anyone else expects. Then Im sure you will find yourself in love again at some point :) Its never good to rush things.
  • Options
    wise words, helps put things in perspective,thanks.
  • Options
    If you were not happy in the relationship then ending it was a good thing.
    You will find love again. I find that when i stop looking for whatever i'm looking for comes to me.
    Just think about now not the past or future and dont let it get you down. You dont need love to be happy.
  • Options
    It's perfectly fine to feel the way you're feeling and in time it'll pass. (i bloody well hope!!) - Love is a funny old thing and your never too old for it. Just start building yourself up and trying to be happy within yourself/by yourself.

You did the right thing. Be happy with yourself and things will sort themselves out in time.