Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why is this complicated?

Okay so my girlfriend broke up with me coz i spent too much time on my pc (im an addict i know i want to stop) and we chatted and i promised with my hand on my heart i would cut down on my computer and be a good boyfriend

Didnt go well (oh its better if were just friends, she says)
wtf how can i act like im her friend when she means so much more?

So my friend who knows her well asks her why arent i worth another chance and any problem can be fixed just basically helping n she agreed to him that she would sort it out with me

when she finally started talking what did she say? "Theres no way on earth me and you will go out again" WTF IS ALL THAT ABOUT?

Bringing me n her up n basically rubbing it all in?

We barely argued in the 5 months we were together so why arent i worth another god damn chance, ive tryed everything, i just dont get why she cant give me a chance. God damn it!

(Before you ask yesterday she told my friend she still loved me to pieces)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I honestly don't know. One day she says she loves you and the next day she doesn't. Maybe she doesn't know what she wants. Maybe just give her some time to think. Don't think theres anything you can say or do to change her mind at the moment. But maybe it might be time for you to move on. Teenagers can be so unpredictable at this age.
  • Options
    Im not too sure i guess ill give her time as i dont want to speak to her as she was acting heartlessly so..w/e really might just move on coz its taking the fucking piss.

I dont get why i dont get anothe chance if i ment so much to her, she apparenly liked me for 3 years and you'd think the feeling was strong but i guess its not.

Also to add: she always told me i was the best boyfriend i did everything right all that stuff so..its just confused me. ive decided to not speak to her because she's majorly pissed me off
  • Options
    She dumped you for a reason (PC addiction) and while that reason is still present there's no reason for her to give you another chance.

Being around an addict who is constantly ditching you for something lame like games can be soul destroying. I wouldn't sacrifice my sanity for it no matter how nice the blokey is. It may well be that she genuinely likes you but it's a case of her being fed up and not wanting to give you a second chance because she knows you haven't changed. Especially if you've promised her to change and failed already.
  • Options
    I didnt even spend that long on my PC to be fair i spent longer than normal but not all the time.

Its a mess mate i know ive had tons of hassle of everybody already -.-

I cant really prove ive changed to her really coz i dont speak to her XD
  • Options
    She is under no obligation to give you a second chance so you have to respect that. Which means you should act maturely, speak to her and be as good a friend as possible (even if you have to be a 'friend' through gritted teeth) to let her convince herself that you're worth another shot. Getting all arsey with her 'cos you were dumped is not going to help. Not talking to her makes you seem childish and not very good relationship material.
  • Options
    You've made a very good point but the thing is me and many other friends have noticed shes becoming more like hre best friend (snappy, angry and down right rude) so i'm keeping away from her for the time being.
  • Options
    First you need to cut down rather than just promising then maybe she'd think again about getting back with you.
  • Options
    It's tricky because you say it was because of PC addiction but then she acts bitchy towards you and says there's no way you're getting back together whilst at the same time saying she's still in love with you.

I don't know how much time you spend on your PC but I spend more than average :p and although I'd be better off doing other things I wouldn't like to let a partner or friend dictate how much time I could spend on there. Obviously if you recognise its a problem you should sort it out, but sort it out for you.

As she's not speaking to you, I'd just call it a day really. Try and be friends if that's what she wants but if she doesn't want a relationship with you for whatever reason then that's the way it's gonna be. It's better that you know where you stand than worrying about hearing different sides of the story whilst trying to change your life for her. You're only 16, not married yet ;) when I was that age I spent most of my time on computer games. I think when you're discovering yourself and what you like to do it's more harmful than helpful having someone saying what is ok and what isn't.

Although if she's coming over and getting touchy-feely you really need to turn off the Halo or whatever :p
  • Options
    It been a week and we were talking like friends then i basically asked her if im wasting my time with her and she never replied(in person this was).

It sounds far fetched but i would spend alot less time on my PC it is a thing for myself aswell as her if she belives it or not. If not then good on myself isnt it:)?
    End of the day least i can say i tried but im not too sure if shes sure on how she feels; not long ago she said "I would take you back and id love you even more but when we argue again you'd just flip and end it again" (wtf again? ive never done that once..)

And its not Halo for the record its counterstrike source hehe :D
  • Options
    i think 16 year old boys should be playing counter strike rather than pandering to the whims of girls. you've got the rest of your life for that :thumb: where you will be demasculated and punished for every independent decision you make....

my steam rating is eagle scream :cool:
  • Options
    In a way i agree with you i am still quite young but i cant help my feelings i guess :)
  • Options
    yea i agree, theres nothing wrong with having a relationship, just the impression i was getting from your posts was that she didnt seem very consistent and wanted you to change but you still dont know what to expect from her... and just my point of view is that you can't try and shape your life because someone might be with you if you change it.

you can't be as bad as the guys and gals who play WoW every day ;)
  • Options
    Ill be honest i did play wow then got bored 4 days later haha

But my plan is to just live my life and have fun

today she was watching me quite a bit in PE (she was sitting out as there was too many people and we all had to take turns) and she looked upset and i was happy all day so i dont know if that means anything?

Maybe shes upset that im finally moving on and its hit her? i dont know what do you guys think

Mine was eagle scream my steam rating (50 hours) now its 8.5 - cobra kai (20 hours)
    Gone down over the past 3 weeks or so :)
  • Options
    well my first gf when i was about your age when she left me she got really bitchy with me and upon reflection (we are friends now many years later) it was because she was messed up. basically if i was happy i was being inconsiderate and if i was sad i was trying to emotionally blackmail her. but thats just my situation i doubt its the same. but i wouldnt be surprised if she is a little confused about everything and taking one step back to chillout and do your own thing for a little bit can't be all bad.
  • Options
    Yeh maybe maybe ill just see how things go, thanks for your opinion :)
  • Options
    I don't think it's that weird to say that you really like/love someone AND that you don't want to be with them. If you have created problems in the relationship she may really like you but still know that your relationship won't work.

Just a thought, she's not necessarily being that bitchy really.
  • Options
    Yeah maybe but chances should be given to improve and change i belive. Guess she doesnt though.. ahh well ill see what happens :)
  • Options
    Wow alot of questions, its not as simple as she broke up and i want to prove i can change. No i didnt put my games first its just we didnt do anything all we did was chill in my room its my problem again i didnt wanna go out anywhere but im willing to but she doesnt realise it.

I asked her today out of curiousity if shes okay and i basically said "why are you so depressed?" and she said "you know why"(meaning me n her) so i said something like " you should be happy like me im getting on with my life now im sick of being messed around" and then walked off n did my own thing. I dont know what shes thinking tbh but ive had enough shes really.

The major problem is she thinks everybody hates her when they dont n she just sticks to one friend named Rachel and my best friend(now ex best friend) Ryan likes Rachel so hes always with her, now my ex, Rachel and Ryan are all acting like Rachel because shes very influencial. To put it bluntly all the guys give her attention coz shes an utter slapper n they think its a free shag so he see's a chance in her so them 3 are always off on there own which i dont give a shit about. Thats whats complicated everything.

Why do you think shes so depressed over it? last night i knew she was going to talk to me because my friend who wanted me n her to get back together spoke to her the night before on MSN and she said basically she would think about it. So when i stayed back for coursework after school she sat me down and i was thinking "Oh she might give me a chance here" but what did i get?? "Graham im sorry but theres no way me and you are going to get back together" (WTF? totally broke my heart so i told her how i felt)
    I said "Wow thats really heartless, i hope your happy you've just lost a genuine friend"

So thats it up to now. What should i do? get on with my life or still hold onto the hope i have to be with her?
    I do think she is right for me not long ago every time she walked in the room or i saw her i just felt my heart pound and id just smile!! thats love isnt it? ive liked her for 3 years i dont want to let go though!!!!

(sorry for the long rant by the way and lack of punctuation if there is lack)
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I think shyboy made a sound point earlier - there probably is a chance you can be friends with this girl at some stage, but for now you probably just need some time - and although physical distance is problematic when you're at the same school - emotional distance can still be possible.

It sounds like you may be at a stage where you really want to just get over this - and this will mean just really thinking about yourself and trying not to worry about what she may be feeling or thinking. By all means think about what happened with you guys in the past, but then try to let it go and realise it's all part of life's learning.
  • Options
    Yeah agreed Helen, ShyBoy made a good point. That all sums it up really theres alot of slagging off and bitching between groups lately but im no longer in the wrong really.

Any more comments are welcome :)
  • Options
    I asked her today out of curiousity if shes okay and i basically said "why are you so depressed?" and she said "you know why"(meaning me n her) so i said something like " you should be happy like me im getting on with my life now im sick of being messed around" and then walked off n did my own thing. I dont know what shes thinking tbh but ive had enough shes really.

To be fair theres no point getting wound up over something you may have potentially caused with the PC gaming. You'll end up hating yourself.

People perhaps should get a second chance in life, but by no means to they deserve it if its up to someone other than yourself thats giving you the second chance, otherwise it turns into more of a demand "GIVE ME A SECOND CHANCE" and if that ever happens, people might get a bit funny about it.

Id leave it for a bit, if she wants you back, or if she thinks you should get a second chance, then she will let you know.
  • Options
    Yeah i know initially it was my fault i agreed to that straight off im man enough to do that but its all just got out of hand

but i shall do what you suggest Mr G and just lay off n see what happens :)