Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My Goodbye

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm leaving the forums. It's a decision I've made based on the fact that I've been stupid and given out too much information about myself and about what happened to me. Especially given one particular post that I've made. The wrong people have ended up reading it. The forums are too public - I have no control over who reads it.

Instead I'm going to make a new Livejournal account. If anyone is at all interested in keeping in touch then you can PM me or PM me to ask for my new LJ account.

I've just offered too much to the forums and I'm worried now about who can read it.

I'm sad to have to leave but I can't control who reads what I write and it has unfortunately got me into some horrible problems recently.
I'll still be about - but only because I'm interested in helping with the self harm advisory board, so I can still read PMs.
Though I'm not entirely sure how much people will care.

Either way, I'm saying goodbye because I love this place and the people that I've met. I'm sad to go, and maybe sometime I'll come back but at the moment it's in my best interests and safety not to be here. I want to thank everyone for all the fun and all the help and advice I've been given over the years. Much appreciated.
:heart:

Comments

• Options
    ciao :wave:
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Shame you've decided to leave us - its been a good laugh to have you about the last couple of months - especially in chats (maybe you can still come in chat? :hyper: ) .

Don't forget if you need any help you can do it anonymously via askTheSite! :)
  • Options
    Don't gooooooooooooooooooooooo.
  • Options
    :(
  • Options
    godspeed
  • Options
  • Options
    thats a shame. Can you not just get your posts deleted?

Its a problem because its such a high profile board i guess. It features quite highly in search engines, you have to be careful what you say if its something you dont want found.
  • Options
    It's a shame you're leaving us :( good luck with everything xx
  • Options
    Unfortunately, we all have to be very careful how much we reveal. I've been a member on the boards for over 4 years now and revealed a hell of a lot of information about myself. I tend to reveal a lot less nowadays. This isn't because of any sudden concerns about my privacy, you understand. A few years ago, one of my close friends found out about the name Stargalaxy and worked out that it was me. He wasn't best pleased by some of the things he found out, but I regret nothing. If people couldn't take what they found out about my past, it'd be their problem. There's nothing I've revealed here that I'm ashamed of.

It's always sad when a member of TheSite has to leave in these circumstances. This is no exception. But who knows, you might be able to come back someday. Take care.
  • Options
    If there's anything you ever need to talk about you can always make another account.
  • Options
    Sorry to see you go, I was just beginning to get to know you.:crying:
  • Options
    Auf Wiedersehen pet.
  • Options
    we'll miss seeing ya round the P&D, take 'er easy.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    The internet is serious business.