Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Long distance pain :( Plz help..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
b

Comments

• Options
    I feel your pain, i can imagine how hard this would be. I think the main point here is that you have nothing to do with your time so you are thinking about her and getting anxious. You need to get this into perspective and that she will be coming back to you again! So it's up to you to make the time easier by finding things to do. If you don't have any friends where you live perhaps contact your uni friends, just for a chat or to meet up. Also do you have any revision for january exams? or reading books, watching films, doing sports etc.

I can understand how your girlfriend feels because she has not seen her family and friends for a while and so now she is busy catching up with them. I'm sure she is missing you a lot though. So try and turn this around in your head and start thinking about how much you want your girlfriend to enjoy her month at home. She is only there for a few more weeks and then you will have her all to yourself again.
  • Options
    I am in the opposite position at the moment, i came back to England from Denmark for 3 weeks and im bored as hell and i miss her like hell!

The simplest answer to dealing with it is get a sense of perspective - its one month. while she is gone you can see how much she completes you and makes you happy!

Just remember that you managed x amount of years without her in your life and you can manage 4 weeks without her.

Rather than try to get her back here now, try thinking of things you can do for when she comes back - making something, drawing a picture, painting a room for her whenever you feel that little stab of pain from her being away.

Also you could use this time to do all the stuff she hates you doing like spitting on the floor or eating pot noodles and throwing the pots out the window, just be a filthy bloke and by the time you start to enjoy it she will be back again! :p

Just chill out a bit :)
  • Options
    I am in the opposite position at the moment, i came back to England from Denmark for 3 weeks and im bored as hell and i miss her like hell!

The simplest answer to dealing with it is get a sense of perspective - its one month. while she is gone you can see how much she completes you and makes you happy!

Just remember that you managed x amount of years without her in your life and you can manage 4 weeks without her.

Rather than try to get her back here now, try thinking of things you can do for when she comes back - making something, drawing a picture, painting a room for her whenever you feel that little stab of pain from her being away.

Also you could use this time to do all the stuff she hates you doing like spitting on the floor or eating pot noodles and throwing the pots out the window, just be a filthy bloke and by the time you start to enjoy it she will be back again! :p

Just chill out a bit :)

Haha! My boyfriend and I aren't in a long distance relationship but he went away for work for a month, which meant he could sit around and smoke as much as he wanted and be a bit of a lager lout for a while.

So I agree. Enjoy it.